The Deezill Reef 150 Xtra High

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello R2R,
I have been putting it off for 1.5 years but I keep getting messages in my inbox about my build Thread so here it is.
I picked up a Marineland 150 xtra High tank from my LFS as I believe in giving support. I don't have a fish room so everything will go under the tank inside the sump. Please keep in mind I am not a photographer so my pics might be poor. Here is the tank with stand and canopy. I love a canopy since I did not have one with my non reef ready 125g.

150 Tank.jpg

OP
OP
Deezill

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So here is a list of the gear that I use to keep the tank running. Everything was purchased from Bulk Reef Supply except for the tank and canopy.

!.) 150 Gallon Marineland Corner Flow Tank Extra High
2.) RUBY SUMP 36 - TRIGGER SYSTEMS
3.) HYDRA FIFTYTWO HD LED (BLACK) - AQUA ILLUMINATION (x2)
4.) VARIOS-6 CONTROLLABLE DC PUMP (1720 GPH) - REEF OCTOPUS
5.) BRS REEF SAVER AQUARIUM DRY LIVE ROCK 120 pounds
6.) BRS PUKANI DRY LIVE ROCK 40 pounds
7.) 120 lbs. FIJI PINK ARAG-ALIVE! REEF SAND - CARIBSEA
8.) SUPER REEF OCTOPUS SRO-3000SSS 8” SPACE SAVER PROTEIN SKIMMER
9.) Instant Ocean Sea salt. (Purple Box)
10.) Wavemakers Jebao RW15 (I skimped on those ok)
I have moved on from Jebao and went to gyres not sure if thats how its spelled.

I believe in keeping it simple. So after I set everything up. The tank looked like a dream tank.

OP
OP
Deezill

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So here are a few pics after everything was setup. I was new to using AI Hydras and did not know which settings to uses and having all that power with so many options was overwhelming for this child with his new toys
I think I tried just about every possible configuration or setting that I could. (maybe not)

150-001.jpg

150002.jpg

150004.jpg

OP
OP
Deezill

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
here are some shots of my zoa garden. I will post some full tank shots soon. I need to frag this big leather coral I got a year ago it has grown very large. Wish I had this problem with Acros and other sps lol :)

zg2.jpg

zg3.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Deezill

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That toadstool mushroom will get fragged this weekend. The picture does it no justice because its huge. I will have a bunch of frag all around the tank of it. The tank will be two years old in September. I plan on upgrading to a 180 or bigger and moving it to my basement so I can have a fish room. I am very excited. I want a tank with length.

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That toadstool mushroom will get fragged this weekend. The picture does it no justice because its huge. I will have a bunch of frag all around the tank of it. The tank will be two years old in September. I plan on upgrading to a 180 or bigger and moving it to my basement so I can have a fish room. I am very excited. I want a tank with length.
This thread is in need of some serious updates! Pictures of the Talbots in QT please!

OP
OP
Deezill

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This thread is in need of some serious updates! Pictures of the Talbots in QT please!
Those talbots will not be going in that 150. That will be shut down soon. I have a new home for my 12 older fish and those new talbots.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 92 48.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 57 30.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.7%
Back