OP
OP
kdx7214

kdx7214

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've had a few issues with the tank since I last updated this thread.

The 6-bulb T5 fixture died and has been replaced with two Noopsyche K7 Pro III lights. So far I'm pleased, although the PAR they put out (300) is a bit lower than I expected.

A few months ago I was at a LFS in St. Louis and they had a yellow coris wrasse for sale. After much debating and checking of the wallet, I talked to the sales guy and he shot me a deal, and it is now living quite actively in the tank. The sales guy threw in what I was told was a fluorescent red montipora, which I was later told was actually a turbinaria, which in the end turned out to really be a chalice that is not fluorescent red. It was struggling for quite a while, but finally seems to be recovering thanks to a lot of great advice on here. I'm eternally grateful for the kind folks that offer their time to help.

Recently I was doing a water change and something weird happened. A rather large aiptasia moved into visibility. I watch the tank daily for about an hour and always find something new. For two years I've not seen a single aiptasia. Then this beast with the 4" top just randomly wandered into view. My extended family was over and I showed them the pest and explained how I'd have to deal with them from now on. My mom asked if there wasn't a predator to take of it, so I went into the berghia/filefish discussion. Then she randomly gave me the cash to order a Biota green filefish to take care of them. I was more than a bit shocked. It arrived today and is happily swimming around the tank. I can't say I'm surprised though, when I opened the box it positively reeked of marijuana lol. I wonder if the fish was as baked as the guy who packed it lol.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So I've had a few issues with the tank since I last updated this thread.

The 6-bulb T5 fixture died and has been replaced with two Noopsyche K7 Pro III lights. So far I'm pleased, although the PAR they put out (300) is a bit lower than I expected.

A few months ago I was at a LFS in St. Louis and they had a yellow coris wrasse for sale. After much debating and checking of the wallet, I talked to the sales guy and he shot me a deal, and it is now living quite actively in the tank. The sales guy threw in what I was told was a fluorescent red montipora, which I was later told was actually a turbinaria, which in the end turned out to really be a chalice that is not fluorescent red. It was struggling for quite a while, but finally seems to be recovering thanks to a lot of great advice on here. I'm eternally grateful for the kind folks that offer their time to help.

Recently I was doing a water change and something weird happened. A rather large aiptasia moved into visibility. I watch the tank daily for about an hour and always find something new. For two years I've not seen a single aiptasia. Then this beast with the 4" top just randomly wandered into view. My extended family was over and I showed them the pest and explained how I'd have to deal with them from now on. My mom asked if there wasn't a predator to take of it, so I went into the berghia/filefish discussion. Then she randomly gave me the cash to order a Biota green filefish to take care of them. I was more than a bit shocked. It arrived today and is happily swimming around the tank. I can't say I'm surprised though, when I opened the box it positively reeked of marijuana lol. I wonder if the fish was as baked as the guy who packed it lol
haha! that's how you can tell it was packed with care!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back