The garage frag tank

squirrelieygrrrl

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 18, 2015
Messages
206
Reaction score
102
Location
Legit Nor-Cal
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's 39x24x7, and it came with an eBay special no name 6 lamp programable t-5.

My buddy polished it up, it was so bad it looked like a milk jug when he first got it. Managed to score the whole thing for 200 bucks light included.

Now what to do with it? Drill it? Run it with hob equipment? Aesthetics aren't as important to me on this one as it isn't going to be in the living room so I won't be going all out like I did on my display. This will be my first frag tank so I am definitely open to suggestions.

My thoughts were, dual brs reactors, some sort of skimmer, keep the t-5 light hopefully, maybe run it with zeovit so it's consistent with my display? Run it with an apex? No clue if any of this is on point or if I'm hopelessly rambling. Lol.
 
I was leaning towards drilling it as well.


By the way after reading a discussion on another garage frag tank I live in a very temperate area, it never gets above 80 and never lower than 45 and those two are extreme and rare, typical climate for us is right around 60-70. My garage is insulated and finished so in terms of space it should be pretty functional. I'll have to put in some venting and dehumidification but all in all it should work ok.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new