**The GHL Mitras LX7 LED**

zalick

A cup of water and a dash of salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did all that countless times. It won't connect to my network. I tried both the 2.4 and 5ghz networks multiple times. It also won't change the Mitras' hotspot name. It says it does after I save and apply but the new network name never shows in my list. It leaves the old GHLDEV name.

Tried adding the light to myGHL on my computer and after I add my ID it tells me my light's firmware isn't correct. Yet, in Control Center I did the firmware update and it says firmware up to date.

I've been building PCs for over 20 years now. I've done my share of troubleshooting, coding random things, screwing with network settings, static IP stuff, you name it. I've never dealt with a more buggy and cumbersome software experience in my life. Why does Control Center constantly freeze and say Not Responding? I noticed it does it in all the GHL videos too. Priority number 1 for GHL should be fixing that if they're going to require a hardwire USB connection for initial setup. Priority 2 should be getting rid of a hardwire setup to begin.

Sorry if I'm coming off combative or harsh. Losing over 4 hours of my Saturday just to get the light working has left a seriously sour taste in my mouth. So much so that I'm not sure it's even worth keeping the light. It definitely made me glad I went Hydros for my new build.
I agree 100%. I spent the first half of my career as a software engineer. This was the most complicated, cumbersome and buggy software I’ve ever encountered outside of alpha testing my own software or early beta testing!

and I’ll tell you that it hasn’t gotten any better for me. MyGHL constantly “loses” my lights so I can’t use that method. And if it’s been a few weeks or longer, control center will not recognize the lights so I have to connect to my laptop and reconnect them.

and don’t even get me started on how many attempts it takes when you want to upgrade the firmware….

I currently have 3 lx7 supplementing my halides when the halides are off. I used to have 5 up, before I went back to halides for the heavy lifting.

good luck!

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I agree 100%. I spent the first half of my career as a software engineer. This was the most complicated, cumbersome and buggy software I’ve ever encountered outside of alpha testing my own software or early beta testing!

and I’ll tell you that it hasn’t gotten any better for me. MyGHL constantly “loses” my lights so I can’t use that method. And if it’s been a few weeks or longer, control center will not recognize the lights so I have to connect to my laptop and reconnect them.

and don’t even get me started on how many attempts it takes when you want to upgrade the firmware….

I currently have 3 lx7 supplementing my halides when the halides are off. I used to have 5 up, before I went back to halides for the heavy lifting.

good luck!

There is no reason these companies should give the average person this much control. I wasn't about to attempt my own program in Light Composer. That feature should be locked away and only accessible after GHL has called you and warned you how easy it is to screw up your tank with the wrong spectrum.

A simple 4 point setup is all that is needed. I want ultra blue unicorn party to start at 11AM, slowly fade into and ramp up to one of three preset settings (10k, 14k, 20k) by 3PM, hold that until 7PM and slowly ramp down to ultra blue and off at 9PM. Done. Maybe this is in there already? Easily missed amongst all the thunderstorm, clouds, multichannel, etc mess. Again, these are all features that 99% of hobbyists should not mess with. They have no benefit.

I'm a halide guy. On and off is all I need. It's all my corals need too. Thankfully, I found Vinny's program and used that. I just lowered intensities. However, I don't care for some of the ramping down colors and I want to use ReefBum's Hamilton 20k settings to closely replicate my halides. So I'll have to somehow figure all that out.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a halide guy. On and off is all I need. It's all my corals need too. Thankfully, I found Vinny's program and used that. I just lowered intensities. However, I don't care for some of the ramping down colors and I want to use ReefBum's Hamilton 20k settings to closely replicate my halides. So I'll have to somehow figure all that out.

That should be just as easy as loading Vinny's light composer project file.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think he has his file uploaded anywhere. I got his settings from him directly on YouTube.

I assumed that he had it on his website but have not looked for it. I am planning on either using @telegraham AB+ file or reefrockerlive's

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My experiment with this light is going to be short lived. What a disappointment of a great light. It really is one of the best looking LEDs I've seen. I'm talking about the actual light output here. But the software and customer service (lack of) is just appalling.

This isn't a bash or dig at anyone. It could honestly be my router and network but sending me a bunch of links to stuff I already said I did, isn't helping in any way. Then blaming me and my phone is just over the top.

The number one complaint of anything GHL is the software. My case is not a one off or even unexpected. Sadly, I already bought a hanging kit that has shipped so the light will stay up for one more week before I sell it off. If, major IF here, I can get the light to work as intended, I'll be happy to keep it.

I'm not holding my breath though. Sure glad I tested this over my 50g holding tank and not a display.

zalick

A cup of water and a dash of salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My experiment with this light is going to be short lived. What a disappointment of a great light. It really is one of the best looking LEDs I've seen. I'm talking about the actual light output here. But the software and customer service (lack of) is just appalling.

This isn't a bash or dig at anyone. It could honestly be my router and network but sending me a bunch of links to stuff I already said I did, isn't helping in any way. Then blaming me and my phone is just over the top.

The number one complaint of anything GHL is the software. My case is not a one off or even unexpected. Sadly, I already bought a hanging kit that has shipped so the light will stay up for one more week before I sell it off. If, major IF here, I can get the light to work as intended, I'll be happy to keep it.

I'm not holding my breath though. Sure glad I tested this over my 50g holding tank and not a display.
It really is a shame.
Of my 3 in use, 2 lost connection to myghl and I’ve been trying to find a couple hours to dedicate to getting them connected again. 1 won’t connect to CC again. Another hour. I want to change the K on all 3, so will be many hours to get that done all up. And it’s definitely not my router, network, phone, computer or my ability.

saltyfins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys you still run them ,how happy are you with them?
I run them Love them,. I had 1 quit for what I thought was a breaker flip...wasnt it, and it never worked since. bought a brand new one, and it came...doesnt work. Not saying it's the case, but I feel as if I am being accused of something happening to it, vs it happening maybe on the way to me? idk. Hoping I can get it up and going...almost $900 for 1 light....enough to really frustrate a person. SLOW. nothing happens fast with GHL. nice enough people, I'll certainly say that...but as mentioned before, the customer service is beyond lacking. I sometimes think one poor guy does EVERY thing there. cant even get a person on the telephone. :disappointed-face:

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found their forum is more useful and responsive than anything. They have contact information on there as well for email.

saltyfins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found their forum is more useful and responsive than anything. They have contact information on there as well for email.
I know. it takes several days though, to get someone to answer. When they do they're great, it's just getting it started.

MartinM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone compared these at full power compared to an ATI Straton? The ATI Stratons are just a tad too blue for me with everything except greens at full power.

Fredm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! I've recently installed 2 LX7206s on my 350 reefer, lengthways and almost against each other to form a single ramp, like the Photons. My set is central and my SPS are almost all on the rock in the middle. I'm not sure I can adjust them properly. I'm using the reefrocker 17k programme from the GHL website.
I've reduced the output brightness to 60% and the UV to 30% max, because after measuring with my seneye v3, I get around 300 PAR on my stylophora and millepora, and I don't dare go any higher.
On the ground I have a palythoa that gets around 160-200 and closes during the day. I've never seen it do that before with my 3 reefled 90.....
I've also just switched on the acclimatisation mode, starting from 80% over a month and working my way up to 100%.

Do you think these settings are consistent?
Thank you for your advice.
IMG_2305.jpeg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back