**The GHL Mitras LX7 LED**

Ecotech Marine
Corals.com

dangros

View Badges
Reaction score
@buck27, is there anything you had questions about? What do you have/want growing under it?
I love the lights. My corals are growing out of the water. I actually have a too many corals problem.
My general advice would be to pick a consistent light schedule and stick with it. Keep them clean. Dust and salt forms fairly easily in these environments. A can of air would be good to shoot into the fan once in a while to keep the dust from accumulating.

willieboy240

View Badges
Reaction score
New to the group here, just got my Mitras LX 7206's in and putting them on my 40B build. any advice or input is appreciated.
On the GHL site. Vinny made a custom program called reef rocker or something like that. He sent me a refined version of it. I like it.
Also telegraham made a version copying ab+. But I haven’t tried that one yet.

buck27

View Badges
Reaction score
@buck27, is there anything you had questions about? What do you have/want growing under it?
I love the lights. My corals are growing out of the water. I actually have a too many corals problem.
My general advice would be to pick a consistent light schedule and stick with it. Keep them clean. Dust and salt forms fairly easily in these environments. A can of air would be good to shoot into the fan once in a while to keep the dust from accumulating.

I actually copied your light schedule from page 10 of this thread LOL! I did turn the white, green, and red down just a touch though and have the 2 running master/slave from a ramp up of 25% to 90% starting at 12pm to 11pm ish. it runs at 90% starting at 4pm to 11pm then down to 5% moon light. I have sps on one side and mostly lps and monti's with zoas on the other side so a mixed reef I would say. I did have a heck of a time getting everything talking to the app and the control center but it is good now. I am also running in acclimation mode for a week or 2 to get make sure that nothing is burnt with light! I may just leave it as is or I might go check out the updated version of the one Vinney has. for now, i plan to just let it run for awhile so long as nothing is dying.

Saltysav96

View Badges
Reaction score
How's everyone liking their Mitras? :)

love mine so far. Still trying to get my tank ready for SPS, but Very solid lights.

58A1E434-E7E8-4C86-8E86-F3F86C1BC614.jpeg

Laith

View Badges
Reaction score
How's everyone liking their Mitras? :)

I find them fantastic. I especially like the better coverage I'm getting with much less sharp shadowing. And they have no problem giving me 100 PAR on the bottom of a 80cm deep tank.

The only negative I can find with these lights is that they do get very hot to the touch. So one needs to make sure there is proper ventilation around them...

salty150

View Badges
Reaction score
The only negative I can find with these lights is that they do get very hot to the touch. So one needs to make sure there is proper ventilation around them...

Are you running yours at High Output (HO) or in Energy Saver output...?

Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock

Laith

View Badges
Reaction score
How high off the water do you have them? I assume you are running at 100%?

I have them about 20cm (about 8") above the water.

I assume by 100% you are referring to the Power Balancing Technology? I have the blues (Blue, Royal Blue and Blue White) as well as Hyperviolet at 120%. The others are at 50% except for ultraviolet at 65%.

And here is the spectrum at the peak period:

Spectrum 011120.JPG

Do you utilize the weekends for tank tasks?

• Yes (please tell us what in the thread)

Votes: 256 62.6%
  • NO

Votes: 31 7.6%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 115 28.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 1.7%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
MrReefs