**The GHL Mitras LX7 LED**

dangros

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@buck27, is there anything you had questions about? What do you have/want growing under it?
I love the lights. My corals are growing out of the water. I actually have a too many corals problem.
My general advice would be to pick a consistent light schedule and stick with it. Keep them clean. Dust and salt forms fairly easily in these environments. A can of air would be good to shoot into the fan once in a while to keep the dust from accumulating.

willieboy240

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to the group here, just got my Mitras LX 7206's in and putting them on my 40B build. any advice or input is appreciated.
On the GHL site. Vinny made a custom program called reef rocker or something like that. He sent me a refined version of it. I like it.
Also telegraham made a version copying ab+. But I haven’t tried that one yet.

buck27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@buck27, is there anything you had questions about? What do you have/want growing under it?
I love the lights. My corals are growing out of the water. I actually have a too many corals problem.
My general advice would be to pick a consistent light schedule and stick with it. Keep them clean. Dust and salt forms fairly easily in these environments. A can of air would be good to shoot into the fan once in a while to keep the dust from accumulating.

I actually copied your light schedule from page 10 of this thread LOL! I did turn the white, green, and red down just a touch though and have the 2 running master/slave from a ramp up of 25% to 90% starting at 12pm to 11pm ish. it runs at 90% starting at 4pm to 11pm then down to 5% moon light. I have sps on one side and mostly lps and monti's with zoas on the other side so a mixed reef I would say. I did have a heck of a time getting everything talking to the app and the control center but it is good now. I am also running in acclimation mode for a week or 2 to get make sure that nothing is burnt with light! I may just leave it as is or I might go check out the updated version of the one Vinney has. for now, i plan to just let it run for awhile so long as nothing is dying.

Saltysav96

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's everyone liking their Mitras? :)

love mine so far. Still trying to get my tank ready for SPS, but Very solid lights.

58A1E434-E7E8-4C86-8E86-F3F86C1BC614.jpeg

salty150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you get a nice "warm" color out of them - and not so blue or so white?

Laith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's everyone liking their Mitras? :)

I find them fantastic. I especially like the better coverage I'm getting with much less sharp shadowing. And they have no problem giving me 100 PAR on the bottom of a 80cm deep tank.

The only negative I can find with these lights is that they do get very hot to the touch. So one needs to make sure there is proper ventilation around them...

salty150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only negative I can find with these lights is that they do get very hot to the touch. So one needs to make sure there is proper ventilation around them...

Are you running yours at High Output (HO) or in Energy Saver output...?

zalick

A cup of water and a dash of salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HO... I seem to get better PAR spread running them HO than Energy Saver, at least with the depth I'm dealing with.

How high off the water do you have them? I assume you are running at 100%?

Laith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How high off the water do you have them? I assume you are running at 100%?

I have them about 20cm (about 8") above the water.

I assume by 100% you are referring to the Power Balancing Technology? I have the blues (Blue, Royal Blue and Blue White) as well as Hyperviolet at 120%. The others are at 50% except for ultraviolet at 65%.

And here is the spectrum at the peak period:

Spectrum 011120.JPG

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just got a 7204 setup over my LPS dominant 50g cube. Took me over 4 hours to get the light connected and working. There are no instructions of any kind and when I followed the videos so many things wouldn't work. Control Center constantly says Not Responding and wouldn't connect. Multiple installs and uninstalls later and I finally got it working.

The hardware looks and feels fantastic! The software couldn't be worse.

zalick

A cup of water and a dash of salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got a 7204 setup over my LPS dominant 50g cube. Took me over 4 hours to get the light connected and working. There are no instructions of any kind and when I followed the videos so many things wouldn't work. Control Center constantly says Not Responding and wouldn't connect. Multiple installs and uninstalls later and I finally got it working.

The hardware looks and feels fantastic! The software couldn't be worse.
Same experience here. And it seems to randomly stop working worth control center via WiFi so I have to hardwire to my laptop often.

they need to hire some better coders. ;)

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Same experience here. And it seems to randomly stop working worth control center via WiFi so I have to hardwire to my laptop often.

they need to hire some better coders. ;)

These companies need to realize they've made things way too complicated. It shouldn't take me more than 10-15 minutes to setup the light and have it running.

This tank is going in my main living area so form is super important. I didn't want to build a canopy of any kind to hide a halide so LED was my choice.

After yesterday, I should have just gone with a Radion. Mobius is a million times better and easier than GHL's mess. I may still go that route to be honest. I need to make some changes and I'm not ready to lose 2 hours to make the simplest adjustments.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry your having issue connecting your light, are you running a meshed network of 2.4 and 5mhz?

Below was the steps I did to connect my light to my wireless network and configure. Took about 5 mins.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry your having issue connecting your light, are you running a meshed network of 2.4 and 5mhz?

Below was the steps I did to connect my light to my wireless network and configure. Took about 5 mins.

Did all that countless times. It won't connect to my network. I tried both the 2.4 and 5ghz networks multiple times. It also won't change the Mitras' hotspot name. It says it does after I save and apply but the new network name never shows in my list. It leaves the old GHLDEV name.

Tried adding the light to myGHL on my computer and after I add my ID it tells me my light's firmware isn't correct. Yet, in Control Center I did the firmware update and it says firmware up to date.

I've been building PCs for over 20 years now. I've done my share of troubleshooting, coding random things, screwing with network settings, static IP stuff, you name it. I've never dealt with a more buggy and cumbersome software experience in my life. Why does Control Center constantly freeze and say Not Responding? I noticed it does it in all the GHL videos too. Priority number 1 for GHL should be fixing that if they're going to require a hardwire USB connection for initial setup. Priority 2 should be getting rid of a hardwire setup to begin.

Sorry if I'm coming off combative or harsh. Losing over 4 hours of my Saturday just to get the light working has left a seriously sour taste in my mouth. So much so that I'm not sure it's even worth keeping the light. It definitely made me glad I went Hydros for my new build.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had issues when my 2.4 and 5mhz network shared the same SID and password on a nighthawk router. I separated the two and have not had any issues since.

There is a known issue with the existing beta GCC software and the USB driver on windows 10. What version are you using?

Your not coming of combative or harsh :) I also understand where your coming from 20+ IT person also :)

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had issues when my 2.4 and 5mhz network shared the same SID and password on a nighthawk router. I separated the two and have not had any issues since.

There is a known issue with the existing beta GCC software and the USB driver on windows 10. What version are you using?

Your not coming of combative or harsh :) I also understand where your coming from 20+ IT person also :)

I have them as 2 different names. One has _5G at the end.

I downloaded three different CC versions. The beta, the current and the previous. The beta is the one that finally worked.

Back