**The GHL Mitras LX7 LED**

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's why I mentioned it, I was guessing it was a mistake. There is only a $60 price difference at least.
Thank you, should be able to get that swapped out before it ships. I clearly wasn't paying attention.

I want to be able to see PAR levels on my current T5's and the LX7 so I acclimate appropriately. I'm also curious of the spectrum for the Mitras "Sky-Blue" and "Blue-White" LED's.

JPK

Always learning from others
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welllll, this small club just got a little larger
upload_2017-3-18_9-15-22.png

Thanks @d2mini and @slief for posting the review, pics, and video. I had kinda written this light off my list before reading this thread. I was pretty focused on the Philips, but it's still not released and I need to get the T5's off my tank because of rising temperatures.

Hi, @dragon99 who did you order your Mitras from, seems cheaper than other sources. Also @slief , I use the same ram mounts as you do for your kessils, did you modify you Kessil mounts (make the bracket) to accommodate the new Mitras, or were you able to purchase the mount/bracket combo? Either way, can you please share how you accomplished this? I am looking for lighting for my 48x24x12 frag tank.

Thanks

Jason

jason2459

Not a paid scientist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, should be able to get that swapped out before it ships. I clearly wasn't paying attention.

I want to be able to see PAR levels on my current T5's and the LX7 so I acclimate appropriately. I'm also curious of the spectrum for the Mitras "Sky-Blue" and "Blue-White" LED's.

FYI, if you couldn't get it switched to the reef you can yourself after you get it for $60.

https://www.seneye.com/store/light-meter-update.html

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They had about the best sale out there that I saw. I picked up a few things.
I was over there stocking up too.
So I went back and checked on the Mitra's again before I checked out. (lol) The Mitra's were sold out in like 30 mins. :D

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a pair of the 7206's at the sale price, but one unit is on backorder. Jason at Premium did offer the 6200HV. If you're not set on the new version (I was), contact him and he might offer you a deal on the 6200HV;s.

Dumaurier7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! My tank is 8 feet long, 2 feet wide and 2 1/2 feet deep (320gal) I'm gearing up to get me a couple LX7's ! I would be starting with two , how many would I need in total ?

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3-4, depending on livestock and coverage desired. any braces on the tank?
@Marco@GHLUSA
That's some great customer support.

If I ever go back to all out led's, it will be the GHL Mitra's.

If the "Coral Care" ever hit the USA and I brought them home my wife :rolleyes: shot me. :eek:
It would remind her too much of the old MH cannons, braces and wires etc... we had back 90's. :)

She loves the looks of the giesemann spectra, but they don't make it in a 36" :(

Regards, GoVols

slief

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, @dragon99 who did you order your Mitras from, seems cheaper than other sources. Also @slief , I use the same ram mounts as you do for your kessils, did you modify you Kessil mounts (make the bracket) to accommodate the new Mitras, or were you able to purchase the mount/bracket combo? Either way, can you please share how you accomplished this? I am looking for lighting for my 48x24x12 frag tank.

Thanks

Jason
No. Those mounts are specially made for the Mitras. They include the articulating mount as well as a stainless bracket, screws and spacers for the Mitras.
http://aquariumledmounts.com/t/ghl-mitras-articulating-mounts

RegalAngel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

slief

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was planning on hanging mine from a piece of pvc pipe that is connected to a ceiling lift.
But instead of using the hanging kit will this mount connect in some way to the pvc pipe...1.5" od?

I don't see why not. There are 2 holes in the mounting plate that allow it to mount to any surface whether it's a canopy or a light rack. The 1.5" PVC while not flat should be fine. I would probably use some long machine screws with large flat washers on each side of the pipe. On the bottom side, the washer would provide a solid flat surface for the mounting plate. I'd go through both sides of the pipe and use lock nuts. The nice thing about these mounts is that you can angle the lights in any direction to maximize the spread, reduce shadowing and also reduce excess light on the viewing panes or in the room.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 31.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 23.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 26.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back