The Grass is Always Greener in Regards to Where to be a Reefer

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Earlier in a group chat that a vendor has set up a member posted a YouTube video of a very popular shop in America showcasing their amazing corals. I don't dispute that their corals are probably amazing but proceeded to mention the extremely expensive cameras, filters, lighting, and editing that go into those pictures and videos to make the corals look how they appear in a YouTube video since I formerly worked at a shop in America. I tried to explain how the cost to be a Reefer simply isn't equivalent and that some of the pieces we get randomly (aquaculture isnt huge here) would amaze some reefers elsewhere. Ironically I feel like many hobbyists here in Thailand are envious of what they believe the American hobbyists have access to. I really don't think they understand just how fast the dollar spends and that access to things like fresh Indonesian live rock is carries a BIG price tag...all I want to say to you guys is this: Be grateful for what you have access to even if the price may not be ideal...there are many hobbyists or people who wish they could be hobbyists with much less. The state I grew up in had one saltwater aquarium store to my knowledge. Imagine that.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0585.jpeg

The only way to understand one’s access to the beauty in the ocean is to look at what other people have and understand what they had to do to get it.

OP
OP
livinlifeinBKK

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0585.jpeg

The only way to understand one’s access to the beauty in the ocean is to look at what other people have and understand what they had to do to get it.
I think it's fair to say that we should all be grateful to have the resources we do that enable us to keep the amazing creatures we do.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 113 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back