The Hawkfish Lover Thread!

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think with other fish it really depends on their size and when you get the hawk fish. With invertebrates, it's open season.

nicodim55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sick. I use to have a clown goby would perch in my Kenya. I had some great pics but are now gone :( he reminded me much of a hawkfish actually. Kenya's are a much underrated coral imo. Picture perfect vision of a soft coral, especially with a beautiful hawk nestled in.
Now he switches from the Kenya, birds nest and stylo lol

revenant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really want to get a second Flamehawk now. My current one is kind of on the smaller side. Will getting a larger one be an issue or should I really shoot for smaller?

SaltISlife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this hawkfish in petco a few months back.. never seen one before.. was only 15$ too. This isnt my pic.. i cant find the pic i took of him.. but its called an arch eye hawkfish

Attachments

• Arc_Eye_Hawkfish.jpg
    Arc_Eye_Hawkfish.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 43
OP
OP
Reefbuds

Reefbuds

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea those arc eye hawks are pretty cool man. I had one yearssss ago back. @revenant If I were you I would probly wait for that one to get a bit bigger to ensure it will be a dominant male. Then you can get a smaller one and add it no problem, shouldnt be much issue with dominance that way. But I could be wrong, I just know adding a smaller one to mine will be the play, not sure about adding a bigger one to a smaller one. If the smaller one has already turned into a male for some odd reason it would definitely end up in a fight.

revenant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea those arc eye hawks are pretty cool man. I had one yearssss ago back. @revenant If I were you I would probly wait for that one to get a bit bigger to ensure it will be a dominant male. Then you can get a smaller one and add it no problem, shouldnt be much issue with dominance that way. But I could be wrong, I just know adding a smaller one to mine will be the play, not sure about adding a bigger one to a smaller one. If the smaller one has already turned into a male for some odd reason it would definitely end up in a fight.
Copy that. Thanks much!!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back