The Joy!

  • Thread starter Thread starter AJreefs
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

AJreefs

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 13, 2012
Messages
227
Reaction score
3
Location
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With my maintenance schedule taking up to two hours a week I am curious how others are inlcuding their children in their hobby. My son will be three in a month and I would like for him to work along side dad and not have to worry about him hurting himself or the fish. Kaiden is a pro at checking my tanks salinity; someone has to keep dad in check and maintain quality control...
 
The only way my daughter wants to get involved is in picking out new fish! ;)
 
I am sure that is a cute site to behold!

On a side note that is a lot of maintenance time for a 40g!
 
I am sure that is a cute site to behold!

On a side note that is a lot of maintenance time for a 40g!

well it takes two hours because my son is constantly asking " whats that daddy?"

So maybe I should have said 30 mins maintnance and an hour and half explaination hahah
 
My son (9 years old) will clean the glass and feed the fish. He would like to do more but my daughter (3 years old) wont let him so I end up doing it at night when I can do it without interruption
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new