The Kaptain's 220 Reef

sleeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing softie tank! I love the fact that you went low tech, and let thinks grow into nice pieces instead of a billion little frags. Very nice work, I hope someday to have something similar.

OP
OP
Kaptain

Kaptain

King Air Driver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the equipment side

EquipmentSide1.jpg

EquipmentSide2.jpg

First of all, thank you for all the generous compliments! Now to the equipment.

The drain from the tank comes in the far right side of the sump, then the ASM G4+ skimmer, then over some blue filter pad, some charcoal in mesh bags, a bunch of LR rubble, then return via a MAG 18. The return goes through an Ocean's Motion Super Squirt, to be alternated out of four outlets in the tank. There is a Precision Marine tall phosphate reactor with GFO in it, powered by a Maxi 1200. Top off is controlled by a unit from Fishbowl innovations, and a 4 stage RO/DI unit. The 3 timers in the upper left each control 2 rows of lights in the Aquatinics fixture, and are staggered at 30 min intervals to turn the lights on and off. There is also a control in the top left, above the three light timers, for the Moon Tubes, also from Fishbowl Innovations.

The top of the tank enclosure is open, so heat from the lights is not a problem. Inside the tank are a pair of modded MaxiJet 1200's. Just plugged in full time right now, but will soon be adding a Reef Fanatic Wave maker.

THanks for looking!

aaronlovesshel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow, I would echo what everyone else has said about such a "clean look" so very nice! this is the first time that I have seen a "soft" tank that shows how beautiful they can be as well!! Congrats

OP
OP
Kaptain

Kaptain

King Air Driver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the generous compliments. I've had only softies since I started in the hobby - I just love the motion I get out of them.

I would like to add a wavebox someday. Or something that can generate a nice wave - maybe a pair of Vortechs? Need to save up a little $$$ though!

Thanks for looking!

OP
OP
Kaptain

Kaptain

King Air Driver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And eating, and accustomed to tank life already, etc. The Angel was out and about checking everything out the first day he was in. No hiding in the rocks. Very cool fish - and gets along great with my Coral Beauty - plenty of room for both.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back