IMG_7465.jpeg

The Koralito Mixed Reef Tank

The Koralito Mixed Reef tank is 270gal display with 80gal sump. This tank has been featured on several online platform and social media including WWC YouTube channel and has been featured on Koralle Magazin in Germany and CORAL Magazine here in the USA.
The Koralito Mixed Reef tank is 270gal display with 80gal sump. This tank has been featured on several online platform and social media including WWC YouTube channel and has been featured on Koralle Magazin in Germany and CORAL Magazine here in the USA.

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
250
When did you start this tank?
Jul 15, 2020
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
60
Aquarium Width (inches)
36
Aquarium Height (inches)
29
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Internal Overflow
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
50
Aquarium Stand
Custom Metal Stand
Aquarium Controller
YES
Aquarium Controller Make and Model
GHL Profilux
Protein Skimmer
YES
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Dalua’s The Great White GW-17
Aquarium Reactors
  1. Carbon
  2. Kalk
Return Pump
Reeflo Super Dart-Snapper Gold Hybrid Pump
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
  3. Other
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
SeaSwirl Oscillating Water Return, Dalua Great White Wavemaker 20,000lph, Aquaillumination Orbit 4, Sicce Xstream SDC Propeller Pump, 2 x Skimz Supersilent SS18.0 Wavemaker Pump
Aquarium Lighting
  1. LED
Lighting Equipment List
8 x Illumagic X4
Lighting PAR and Goals
The maximum PAR on the tank is about 500-700 where most of the acropora are. The euphyllias are getting about 300 and the sand bed is getting about 75-150.
Dosing Equipment
  1. Calcium
  2. Alkalinity
  3. Magnesium
Dosing Equipment Detail
I am using the GHL Doser 2.1 for my alkalinity and calcium. For Magnesium, I currently manual dosing. I also use the same doser for some of my trace elements. The rest are manual dosing.
Auto Top Off or ATO
YES
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a chiller
Water Temperature
78
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
JBJ Arctica Chiller 1/3 HP (DBM-250)

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.026
Nitrate or NO3
40
Phosphate or PO4
0.17
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
8.5
Magnesium
1350
Salt Brand
Red Sea
Trace Element Dosing
Reefmoonshiner’s and ATI Elements
Water Chemistry Detail
Dosing trace elements are based on the ICP test results. As I have been doing it for 3 years now, I am able to get the average dosing amount of each trace elements needed for my tank. But of course, as they grow more, the dosing amount needs to be adjusted so, regular ICP test is still needed. Because of this method, I no longer perform water changes for 3 years now.

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Sand
Substrate Level
Shallow
Live Rock
100
Live Rock Type
The rocks I used are well-established live rock from previous reef tank I bought 4 years ago. I would say the rocks I have now are more than 10 years old.
Nutrient Export
  1. Refugium
  2. Macro Algae
  3. Protein Skimmer
  4. Filter Roller
  5. GFO
  6. Carbon
Water Changes
NO
Water Change Details
I am no longer doing water change since dosing individual trace elements.
Nutrient Export Details
I have a refugium and skimmer. I also do carbon dose when needed. GFO is also being used only when needed.

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Clownfish
  2. Damselfish
  3. Dottyback
  4. Dragonet
  5. Surgeonfish Tang
  6. Wrasse
Total Fish
14
Coral List
  1. SPS Coral
  2. LPS Coral
  3. Zoanthids
  4. Soft Coral
Total Corals
75
Invert List
  1. Starfish
  2. Clams
Total Inverts
3
Livestock Detail
My tang gang is the most effective algae controller. Even though I am running high nutrients, you will not see any algae in my tank because of them. I am currently do not have any snails and/or crabs in my tank aside from 2 sand sifting starfish, but I am planning to add some snails again.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. Fish

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Once weekly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Frozen
  2. Algae Strips
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Stability is definitely is the key to success. But as we all know, there is more than just keeping everything stable. Being hands on and passionate about the hobby are needed.
Such an incredible looking tank that is slap full of some awesome looking coral!
 
Nice full reef very nice
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new