The LFS id'd this as a Wrasse

  • Thread starter Thread starter GuppyHJD
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

GuppyHJD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 15, 2020
Messages
1,366
Reaction score
786
Location
North Port, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This little guy as sold as "a wrasse". I want to add more wrasse to the tank so now I need to figure out if he is a Lubbock's Fairee Wrasse or perhaps Lineatus Wrasse?

1000007152.jpg

1000007155.jpg

1000007160.jpg

1000007161.jpg


1000007161.jpg
 
This little guy as sold as "a wrasse". I want to add more wrasse to the tank so now I need to figure out if he is a Lubbock's Fairee Wrasse or perhaps Lineatus Wrasse?

1000007152.jpg

1000007155.jpg

1000007160.jpg

1000007161.jpg


1000007161.jpg
Cirrhilabrus lubbocki - supposedly these are a smaller species of wrasse but my two both got to 3.5-4 inches. The colour variant that was the same as yours was the smaller of the two but did reach at least 3.5 inches.
 
Cirrhilabrus lubbocki - supposedly these are a smaller species of wrasse but my two both got to 3.5-4 inches. The colour variant that was the same as yours was the smaller of the two but did reach at least 3.5 inches.
Just today one of my lfs's had a Philippins variant. I have an Indo variant now in my 120g. Did you have any issues with the two? How big was your tank? Tia
 
Just today one of my lfs's had a Philippins variant. I have an Indo variant now in my 120g. Did you have any issues with the two? How big was your tank? Tia
My tank was a 4’ and I only had minimal issues of display but not huge issues.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new