The lights were not on!!!

ReeferTang44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Earlier today I was doing tank maintenance and must’ve turned off my lights and when I turned them back on for some reason it didn’t go through the light schedule so when I came home today, four hours later around 3 o’clock, the lights were still set on my timer as night I slowly ramp them up through the past hour is it OK that they missed a few hours? Most of the time they are almost double in size for the euphullia and the Duncan’s are completely closed but I know they can be sensitive also they have only had lights for about a hour so that could also be it but I was kinda nervous so will there be any real problem from this
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Earlier today I was doing tank maintenance and must’ve turned off my lights and when I turned them back on for some reason it didn’t go through the light schedule so when I came home today, four hours later around 3 o’clock, the lights were still set on my timer as night I slowly ramp them up through the past hour is it OK that they missed a few hours? Most of the time they are almost double in size for the euphullia and the Duncan’s are completely closed but I know they can be sensitive also they have only had lights for about a hour so that could also be it but I was kinda nervous so will there be any real problem from this
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Some of your coral are photosynthetic and will close when lights go out. Check the time clock and assure its at the current time or reset the clack to time and date and it should follow the normal schedule

OP
OP
ReeferTang44

ReeferTang44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I did emergency but sometimes I get nervous and being 15 with thousands of dollars in to a fish tank it can get scary if something goes wrong

Propane

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I did emergency but sometimes I get nervous and being 15 with thousands of dollars in to a fish tank it can get scary if something goes wrong
Honestly we all understand. I have personally thought my tank was gonna crash cuz phosphates made it “all the way up to .12”.

OP
OP
ReeferTang44

ReeferTang44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question you guys don’t have to but would you mind taking a look at my previous post about my fish dying? I’m trying to figure out why

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 31 53.4%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.2%
Back