OP
AbjectMaelstroM

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Uh, it kind of swings. Cyano comes and goes, nutrients still undetectable, I try to syphon once a week and brush off twice a week. Unfortunately with work right now I can't dedicate as much time as I would like to, but this weekend should finally some time.

Might be time to get more CUC before GHA comes back lol.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dang, looks like the poor guy has a bit of ich... :(

Started on chloroquine phosphate.

As long as he keeps eating, little man should pull through.

Beautiful!

OP
OP
AbjectMaelstroM

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Red_Beard Perfect fit!

20200731_195814.jpg

Hopefully goby won't move this one around.

Red_Beard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nooooo!
I wish you the best man!
I feel for you, lost all my nassarius snails during the dino invasion. Hopefully your bout is over quick and everyone pulls through!

OP
OP
AbjectMaelstroM

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
[QUOTE
Nooooo!
I wish you the best man!
I feel for you, lost all my nassarius snails during the dino invasion. Hopefully your bout is over quick and everyone pulls through!

Did you run any UV with yours? Or just bump nitrate/phos?

Got my nitrate at about 5ppm and phos as 0.03.

I'm going to move my UV to the DT from the sump. Looking at ordering some pods from algae barn too.

Red_Beard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[QUOTE

Did you run any UV with yours? Or just bump nitrate/phos?

Got my nitrate at about 5ppm and phos as 0.03.

I'm going to move my UV to the DT from the sump. Looking at ordering some pods from algae barn too.
No, i thought about it but mine didn't clear up in the dark and stayed on the substrate so i figured it wasnt going to be much help.
All i did was dose and test phos and nitrate. I was running abot 5 nitrate and .025 phos. I was dosing about 10ml of phos and 11ml or so nitrate(both brightwell)every day for two weeks then about every other day for a month to maintain those levels. I couldnt believe how much it soaked up. And clean everything with brushes and air in the wavemaker ever week or two.
Edit: i dont know if the pods helped, but the rate they multiplied i would like to think they did.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AbjectMaelstroM

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No, i thought about it but mine didn't clear up in the dark and stayed on the substrate so i figured it wasnt going to be much help.
All i did was dose and test phos and nitrate. I was running abot 5 nitrate and .025 phos. I was dosing about 10ml of phos and 11ml or so nitrate(both brightwell)every day for two weeks then about every other day for a month to maintain those levels. I couldnt believe how much it soaked up. And clean everything with brushes and air in the wavemaker ever week or two.

Hmm. Under the microscope it definitely looked like ostreopsis, but wife is saying the sand is still. Brown at night so it doesn't appear they're going into the water column.

Red_Beard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm. Under the microscope it definitely looked like ostreopsis, but wife is saying the sand is still. Brown at night so it doesn't appear they're going into the water column.
:/ i dont think it would hurt to move the uv if you can and get it closer to the source so to speak. But, from everything ive read the uv isnt very effective if they dont free swim.
Not very much fun either way. But, i will say that it makes it feel worth the effort when it's gone!

OP
OP
AbjectMaelstroM

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So, my wife lied to me... Maybe. I just got home and took a peek in the tank, the sandbed looks clear so it looks like they are going into the water column at night.

UV should be up Thursday (waiting on a jebao return pump).

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back