THE MEANING OF CHRISTMAS or The Meaning of Your Profile Name?

OP
OP
Glenner’sreef

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm....

Wager to bet my name just reflects the reality for every married guy on this forum, at one time or another, except for some unicorns who married a sea goddess.... lol. In the true Christmas spirit we are occasionally forgiven by the misses, until we buy another coral, fish, or tank, lol. Those married to a sea goddess have a fish tank and no room for a living room, let alone Christmas tree :)
Great name and comments but you’re still alive brother. She may have a little Sea Goddess in her yet! Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine was simple. Back in the early 2000's I was a young kid who thought he was a hot shot and knew everything there was about reefing. I created the name as if it was a college course (101 was taken at the time) where I could teach everyone. It was first on ReefCentral and I quickly learned I didn't know a lot at all but the name stuck (since you know you can't change your username on RC). I just carried it over here since that's the name that people may or may not recognize

OP
OP
Glenner’sreef

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine was simple. Back in the early 2000's I was a young kid who thought he was a hot shot and knew everything there was about reefing. I created the name as if it was a college course (101 was taken at the time) where I could teach everyone. It was first on ReefCentral and I quickly learned I didn't know a lot at all but the name stuck (since you know you can't change your username on RC). I just carried it over here since that's the name that people may or may not recognize
Since the early 2000s? Nice! You should be Reefing 102 University!!! Now. Lol

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my first ever and pretty much continuous net name since the days of aol.
firearm related.

Remmington Special Purpose 1187...great shotgun!

Mine is a combination of two of my loves (Scuba diving and reef keeping) and my being a fan of the Arkansas Razorbacks! Go Hogs WPS!

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah? So what
Or should it be zoa what....

Martin Scorsese Movie GIF by The Good Films

The meaning of Christmas? A holiday to keep our emotions high instead of jumping out of a window to commit suicide bc its the beginning of Winter and cold and snow and no leaves on trees. Jesus was, according to scholars, most likely born in the Spring to early Summer not December 25th
But aren't suicide rates higher during the holiday season?

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is just my first initial T, then Akita (because we love and have had Akitas for over 20 years), then my last initial J. For those that don't what Akitas are, it's a large breed of dog (see my profile pic). Not super original I guess but it works. :)

I've had this screen name for about the same amount of time and I'm a member of a few other forums like diyaudio.com using the same name. I love audio & designing and building speakers, building amplifiers, etc..

@Big E, just wondering if you're the same Big E on diyaudio?
Hachiko!!!! If you've had Akita's for 20 years I'm betting you know the story, the Gere movie was ok, the original Japanese version Hachiko Monogatari is much better (and culturally appropriate)...

zheka757

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine is Zheka757 russian name, (Im russian) also yevgeniy, translates to Eugene, 757 is just numbers i have being using for like over 20 years. just about for every acount.

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know of any local forums? I’m looking to buy some lps second hand but the canreef buy/sell/trade isn’t that active and facebook seems to be useless
We are actually working with admin here to start some provincial reef clubs so stay tuned that way! :D

encrustingacro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I came up with my username by paring a growth form with a coral. I’m pretty sure that there is only one species of acropora which only encrusts, which is acorpora palmerae.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same screen name I've used going back to the early 90's on AOL.

My nickname is homer, or homey(given as a kid, no idea why either), and the numbers are the day and year of my birth.

Christmas is that time of year where everyone pretends to like everyone else. On the twenty sixth of December, were back to hating each other again.

aws2266

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So mine is just my email address shortened. When I was 22 I created a yahoo account and couldn't find any usernames close to any of my sports teams or names. So I went with aws- alien work shop, I skated at the time. 22-age at the time 66- Number of the great Mario Lemiux, now the last part that I don't use is forum is the year I was doing this. There you have it.

george costanza festivus GIF

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't figure out why my screen name is Paul B. My Mother gave it to me.
As for Christmas. That is my birthday. Christmas day, and I love it that everyone celebrates it. :)

<--------------------<<<< My avitar was a tiny 1/2" hermit crab. I took that picture at night in the Long Island Sound about 30' deep.

I don't know what his name was or when he was born, or his thoughts on Christmas ;Meh

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 67 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.7%
Back