The Mindstream is DEAD!! I'm getting mine soon!

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is not good news.. I was told Oct 11th that week will ship and that it was on the floor being produced. And now your looking at 13 weeks. This is nuts.

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is not good news.. I was told Oct 11th that week will ship and that it was on the floor being produced. And now your looking at 13 weeks. This is nuts.
Two weeks ago they told me third week of October and I ordered July 3rd.

Ernie C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking of getting one but this isn't sitting well with me. Has MS posted anything on their site or social media regarding delays? Communication is important when there are issues like this. Silence is a PR killer. :(

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I called Mindstream - and spoke with them - My unit was ordered 8/21 - they said it will ship in 2 weeks. They said they had a huge demand right at the start - and are getting caught up with that demand. There is no 'problem' with the unit that is delaying shipment (again per a phone call with them). Based on what I heard - I am not (at all) concerned.

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I called Mindstream - and spoke with them - My unit was ordered 8/21 - they said it will ship in 2 weeks. They said they had a huge demand right at the start - and are getting caught up with that demand. There is no 'problem' with the unit that is delaying shipment (again per a phone call with them). Based on what I heard - I am not (at all) concerned.
When did you call? I fear emailing them again, every time I have they push delivery another month out. I ordered the first day it was open to the general public.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
When did you call? I fear emailing them again, every time I have they push delivery another month out. I ordered the first day it was open to the general public.
5 minutes ago.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
PS - I also mentioned the chatter on this site - and suggested that perhaps they could be more 'active' - There are a lot of forums, etc for them to monitor. I asked him specifically - I just want to be sure that there is not going to be a several month delay - and he again repeated that he thought mine would go out within the 8 week timeframe.

Darrell Brady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My order has been pushed back 3 times now. As far as I no there's no orders going out wich leaves me to believe there is something going on in the process line but who knows there not letting any information out.

Crashjack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watching... I plan for the Mindstream to be my next big purchase but won't order until the backlog is reduced. Also want to see how it works out for @MnFish1 placing his in his sump.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My order has been pushed back 3 times now. As far as I no there's no orders going out wich leaves me to believe there is something going on in the process line but who knows there not letting any information out.

Based on my conversation with them this morning - they are shipping every week - and have been.

Darrell Brady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's say by now they should no how many they are shipping out a day it should be simple math of noing when someone is going to get there order yet they keep pushing the orders back at least mine an the others that are posting in here.

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's say by now they should no how many they are shipping out a day it should be simple math of noing when someone is going to get there order yet they keep pushing the orders back at least mine an the others that are posting in here.
Yeah, I’ve been pretty patient but I’m glad at this point I have 6 months to dispute credit card charges. We are half way there already. I had to call them out on Instagram, it frustrated me that they are out drumming up business and giving discounts when they can’t ship an order from the first day.

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They told you two weeks..???? hmm... i am hearing 12 weeks.. Getting caught up.. Time will tell. I am now on the fence of cancelling my order.. it has been pushed back and pushed back.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I’ve been pretty patient but I’m glad at this point I have 6 months to dispute credit card charges. We are half way there already. I had to call them out on Instagram, it frustrated me that they are out drumming up business and giving discounts when they can’t ship an order from the first day.

What is their instagram page?

Capture.PNG

ironman187

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate the monthly subscription business model and limit my support of businesses using it to the bare minimum. For this reason, they can go kick rocks. While it doesn't appear to test as many perameters, Coral Vue's forthcoming monitor/dosing combo looks very attractive.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Seriously - have you ever heard of the old saying 'the squeaky wheel gets the grease'? Call them - I get a live person every time I called (pressed Option 2) - question about my mindstream (granted it may not always be possible) - but Call them and press them. Talking about it here may not be the best option?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reply - like I said in my post - I believe (maybe misunderstood) - they ship weekly. Because - he looked and said - definitely not this week - probably not next week - should be the following.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I hate the monthly subscription business model and limit my support of businesses using it to the bare minimum. For this reason, they can go kick rocks. While it doesn't appear to test as many perameters, Coral Vue's forthcoming monitor/dosing combo looks very attractive.

What test kit 'model' doesnt require repeat purchase of reagents, etc? Im just curious - because they all do - now - maybe theirs is more expensive than it should be - IDK - but this seems to be odd. It would be nice if you described why you think coralvues monitor dosing combo looks attractive, when its coming out, whether there will be a delay *(like there has been with trident - due to high demand), whether its accurate, how much maintenance is required etc (note - not a snarky question - but a real one) - though discussing it may 'derail the thread'. Coralvue, IMO - is not exactly a 'sure thing' either.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 102 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back