The Mindstream is DEAD!! I'm getting mine soon!

Darrell Brady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As an update for those still waiting for your order... I received an email from MS this morning apologizing for the delay in shipping, but my order should ship next week.
when did you order yours an was you one of the kick starter backers?

Jeff_H

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when did you order yours an was you one of the kick starter backers?
I ordered on July 1, and I was not one of the kick starter backers.

I would also add, I was in front of my computer when the "open for order" email came in and due to my experience with the Trident waitlist, I place my order for the MS immediately. I don't know if that will have any bearing on how fast other MS orders will ship, but it's possible if there was a large number of orders placed that day. Even though I don't plan to purchase a Trident any more, I'm still waiting on three lists just to see how long it will take for my number to come up.

Darrell Brady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered on July 1, and I was not one of the kick starter backers.

I would also add, I was in front of my computer when the "open for order" email came in and due to my experience with the Trident waitlist, I place my order for the MS immediately. I don't know if that will have any bearing on how fast other MS orders will ship, but it's possible if there was a large number of orders placed that day. Even though I don't plan to purchase a Trident any more, I'm still waiting on three lists just to see how long it will take for my number to come up.
Yea I order July 1 also but waited till the evening that I order so hopefully the week after.

Jeff_H

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I order July 1 also but waited till the evening that I order so hopefully the week after.
I'm under the impression the demand was as great for the MS as compared to the Triton, so I'm sure we will not be waiting long.

U

User1

View Badges
I'm under the impression the demand was as great for the MS as compared to the Triton, so I'm sure we will not be waiting long.

Both seem to have exceptional long lead times although I'm not sure why the MS does. Trident I can understand because of the last mile before shipping. Neptune does some final checks. Mindstream on the other hand is not dose or reagent based and uses discs. So not sure what their delay is (admittedly I do not know their production line or supply chain).

Jeff_H

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both seem to have exceptional long lead times although I'm not sure why the MS does. Trident I can understand because of the last mile before shipping. Neptune does some final checks. Mindstream on the other hand is not dose or reagent based and uses discs. So not sure what their delay is (admittedly I do not know their production line or supply chain).
While I don't know the specifics, here's part of the email explaining the delay. I've also read a couple of times the MS ships with two disks, so I could see the possibility of there being some challenges with ramping up production on the disks since they are calibrated and packed in some type of liquid (saltwater?).

Like any other young startup, we are still working to fine tune our production capacity to match customer demand, and that can be a particularly complex process with a product as highly specialized as the MindStream Monitor. While we are working hard to scale at the same rate as our orders, we have fallen a few weeks behind our initial anticipated fulfillment timeline, and we will now be shipping the next round of monitors out next week with the anticipation of fulfilling your order as soon as possible.

Ernie C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope this means increased orders and growing consumer confidence in the company and product. Im still waiting on feedback from users after a few months of using the product before I consider getting one.

doggydoc10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had my MS working for the past 3 weeks.
What an amazing piece of technology!
Only issue I had so far is ONE spike in measurements due to “dirty” disk.
I unplugged the MS, opened the wet area and cleaned the disk of normal detritus from sitting in my display tank and it went back to work immediately. I honestly can’t be happier with MS SO FAR! I am eagerly waiting to see how unit works in the long run!
I am hoping it continues to work the way it’s working.

Ernie C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I unplugged the MS, opened the wet area and cleaned the disk of normal detritus from sitting in my display tank and it went back to work immediately. I honestly can’t be happier with MS SO FAR! I am eagerly waiting to see how unit works in the long run!
Awesome, Thanks for the update! I'm hoping long term results are just as good.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Very excited to see this. Looking forward to seeing more feedback in the weeks and months to come. I really like the initial feedback after seeing Mark's video.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks for sharing your feedback!

Did all the measurements spike and how old was the disk? Have you compared it's readings to any other methods of measurement?

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0

@doggydoc10

Off-topic: Is there a thread to goes over your avatar in details?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just talked to Mindstream customer service - cant help but say - they are very helpful - and eager to take care of any issues. Friendly and prompt. (I had called to discuss the MACNA discount) - and while I did not get the MACNA discount they listened and explained their rationale in detail - but realized that perhaps it wasnt handled properly. I left my order in place (posted this only because I had said I considered cancelling). It was an interesting discussion overall - and They do read the forums.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Still have not received mine I ordered july 1st
Complain to customer service not here -- unless you heave from customer service another thing - then - report:)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 26.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 36.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back