The Mindstream is DEAD!! I'm getting mine soon!

lactose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine just shipped! I will have it Mon/Tuesday of next week.

Such great news for the weekend, now to crush the refresh button on the UPS website until it is in my house :D

It's out for delivery! Now I am staring at the 'follow my delivery' screen on UPS to will it closer to my house.

lactose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received it and was able to step away from work (work at home) to get it on a temp spot on the tank. Setup was quite simple and well documented. It is spitting back results but it probably won't be until this weekend I can really have a moment to document my thoughts/reactions. That being said it measures so many things I keep forgetting it does all of them :D I just literally went "oh yeah, that's right it does salinity too"

Jeff_H

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received it and was able to step away from work (work at home) to get it on a temp spot on the tank. Setup was quite simple and well documented. It is spitting back results but it probably won't be until this weekend I can really have a moment to document my thoughts/reactions. That being said it measures so many things I keep forgetting it does all of them :D I just literally went "oh yeah, that's right it does salinity too"
I can't wait for mine to ship!

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Called yesterday. Ordered mine on July 1. Even so, they couldn't give me a shipping date.
'Probably' by the end of the month. Still 'quite a few' before me.
I can wait, obviously, but from comments on this forum, I thought mine would be shipping any day now.
With the positive reviews starting to trickle in, I'm finding it harder to be patient! :)

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Called yesterday. Ordered mine on July 1. Even so, they couldn't give me a shipping date.
'Probably' by the end of the month. Still 'quite a few' before me.
I can wait, obviously, but from comments on this forum, I thought mine would be shipping any day now.
With the positive reviews starting to trickle in, I'm finding it harder to be patient! :)

I was told - its 6 weeks or so from whenever you place your order. Apparently there are a few orders...:)

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It must be longer than that if July 1st orders aren't shipping until next month, that's a minimum of 8 weeks.

Sorry - I meant to quote 6-8 weeks. Not 6 weeks. I believe thats what they have always said.

cjpitt80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Newbie here. How....."necessary" is this? Based on the website it's "only" a monitor right? Like you still have to manually dose to actually keep your parameters in line, correct? $1000 for the monitor, $40/mo for the subscription, and then you still have to have a doser of some sort, yeah?

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Newbie here. How....."necessary" is this? Based on the website it's "only" a monitor right? Like you still have to manually dose to actually keep your parameters in line, correct? $1000 for the monitor, $40/mo for the subscription, and then you still have to have a doser of some sort, yeah?
Very few things in the hobby are "necessary". However, water quality is one of the necessities of having a successful reef tank. In fact I think most would agree that it is "the" most important factor for success. Therefore consistently testing your water so as to keep it within acceptable peramaters via dosing etc. is a necessity. The Mindstream will be one of the ways to have the testing done for you therefore eliminating the time it takes as well as the expense of test kits. Only you can decide whether or not it is wort it to you.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Right - but the things that are being monitored (IMO) - are interesting. At first I thought only a couple were 'necessary' - fwiw I dont care about ammonia - but - if O2 or CO2 changes - it is helpful - etc etc. Also FWIW - the controller I currently use is so unreliable - that I dont rely on it.... meaning - I use it as a glorified surge suppressor - having sold my modules on ebay several months ago. Seems to me that the controllers that come with for example Echosmart - and Maxspect - are far better than the particular controller I was using - so why waste the money. I am ordering my Mindstream as we speak:)

cjpitt80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very few things in the hobby are "necessary". However, water quality is one of the necessities of having a successful reef tank. In fact I think most would agree that it is "the" most important factor for success. Therefore consistently testing your water so as to keep it within acceptable peramaters via dosing etc. is a necessity. The Mindstream will be one of the ways to have the testing done for you therefore eliminating the time it takes as well as the expense of test kits. Only you can decide whether or not it is wort it to you.
Right - but the things that are being monitored (IMO) - are interesting. At first I thought only a couple were 'necessary' - fwiw I dont care about ammonia - but - if O2 or CO2 changes - it is helpful - etc etc. Also FWIW - the controller I currently use is so unreliable - that I dont rely on it.... meaning - I use it as a glorified surge suppressor - having sold my modules on ebay several months ago. Seems to me that the controllers that come with for example Echosmart - and Maxspect - are far better than the particular controller I was using - so why waste the money. I am ordering my Mindstream as we speak:)

Yeah I get it. Definitely understand the necessity of water quality. I guess I was just saying seems pretty steep just to be able to monitor but STILL have to have some other way to actually do something about it. Definitely seems cool though, wouldn't mind constant monitoring in my tank. For now though saving my lil pennies for a new light setup

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah I get it. Definitely understand the necessity of water quality. I guess I was just saying seems pretty steep just to be able to monitor but STILL have to have some other way to actually do something about it. Definitely seems cool though, wouldn't mind constant monitoring in my tank. For now though saving my lil pennies for a new light setup
I ordered mine today

Darrell Brady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well next week will be 8 weeks I sure hope they get it sent off by then I sure am getting anxious with everybody else getting theirs.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 133 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.0%

Back