The Mindstream is DEAD!! I'm getting mine soon!

I fear some will call into question my love for my tank as I don't like doing tests AT ALL, all too often put it off, and often am away for a day or two but I look forward to comparing my experiences across Reefbot, Trident and now Mindstream on my systems.
 
like 6/25 or 6/26 as soon as I got the email as an original backer (or should I say as an attempted backer :))
I order mine on 7/31 and can't wait for mine to ship! I'm also looking forward to your feedback given your experience with the other products.
 
Mine just shipped! I will have it Mon/Tuesday of next week.

Such great news for the weekend, now to crush the refresh button on the UPS website until it is in my house :D

It's out for delivery! Now I am staring at the 'follow my delivery' screen on UPS to will it closer to my house.
 
I received it and was able to step away from work (work at home) to get it on a temp spot on the tank. Setup was quite simple and well documented. It is spitting back results but it probably won't be until this weekend I can really have a moment to document my thoughts/reactions. That being said it measures so many things I keep forgetting it does all of them :D I just literally went "oh yeah, that's right it does salinity too"
 
I received it and was able to step away from work (work at home) to get it on a temp spot on the tank. Setup was quite simple and well documented. It is spitting back results but it probably won't be until this weekend I can really have a moment to document my thoughts/reactions. That being said it measures so many things I keep forgetting it does all of them :D I just literally went "oh yeah, that's right it does salinity too"
I can't wait for mine to ship!
 
Called yesterday. Ordered mine on July 1. Even so, they couldn't give me a shipping date.
'Probably' by the end of the month. Still 'quite a few' before me.
I can wait, obviously, but from comments on this forum, I thought mine would be shipping any day now.
With the positive reviews starting to trickle in, I'm finding it harder to be patient! :)
 
Called yesterday. Ordered mine on July 1. Even so, they couldn't give me a shipping date.
'Probably' by the end of the month. Still 'quite a few' before me.
I can wait, obviously, but from comments on this forum, I thought mine would be shipping any day now.
With the positive reviews starting to trickle in, I'm finding it harder to be patient! :)

I was told - its 6 weeks or so from whenever you place your order. Apparently there are a few orders...:)
 
Newbie here. How....."necessary" is this? Based on the website it's "only" a monitor right? Like you still have to manually dose to actually keep your parameters in line, correct? $1000 for the monitor, $40/mo for the subscription, and then you still have to have a doser of some sort, yeah?
 
Newbie here. How....."necessary" is this? Based on the website it's "only" a monitor right? Like you still have to manually dose to actually keep your parameters in line, correct? $1000 for the monitor, $40/mo for the subscription, and then you still have to have a doser of some sort, yeah?
Very few things in the hobby are "necessary". However, water quality is one of the necessities of having a successful reef tank. In fact I think most would agree that it is "the" most important factor for success. Therefore consistently testing your water so as to keep it within acceptable peramaters via dosing etc. is a necessity. The Mindstream will be one of the ways to have the testing done for you therefore eliminating the time it takes as well as the expense of test kits. Only you can decide whether or not it is wort it to you.
 
Newbie here. How....."necessary" is this? Based on the website it's "only" a monitor right? Like you still have to manually dose to actually keep your parameters in line, correct? $1000 for the monitor, $40/mo for the subscription, and then you still have to have a doser of some sort, yeah?
Right - but the things that are being monitored (IMO) - are interesting. At first I thought only a couple were 'necessary' - fwiw I dont care about ammonia - but - if O2 or CO2 changes - it is helpful - etc etc. Also FWIW - the controller I currently use is so unreliable - that I dont rely on it.... meaning - I use it as a glorified surge suppressor - having sold my modules on ebay several months ago. Seems to me that the controllers that come with for example Echosmart - and Maxspect - are far better than the particular controller I was using - so why waste the money. I am ordering my Mindstream as we speak:)
 
Very few things in the hobby are "necessary". However, water quality is one of the necessities of having a successful reef tank. In fact I think most would agree that it is "the" most important factor for success. Therefore consistently testing your water so as to keep it within acceptable peramaters via dosing etc. is a necessity. The Mindstream will be one of the ways to have the testing done for you therefore eliminating the time it takes as well as the expense of test kits. Only you can decide whether or not it is wort it to you.
Right - but the things that are being monitored (IMO) - are interesting. At first I thought only a couple were 'necessary' - fwiw I dont care about ammonia - but - if O2 or CO2 changes - it is helpful - etc etc. Also FWIW - the controller I currently use is so unreliable - that I dont rely on it.... meaning - I use it as a glorified surge suppressor - having sold my modules on ebay several months ago. Seems to me that the controllers that come with for example Echosmart - and Maxspect - are far better than the particular controller I was using - so why waste the money. I am ordering my Mindstream as we speak:)

Yeah I get it. Definitely understand the necessity of water quality. I guess I was just saying seems pretty steep just to be able to monitor but STILL have to have some other way to actually do something about it. Definitely seems cool though, wouldn't mind constant monitoring in my tank. For now though saving my lil pennies for a new light setup
 
Yeah I get it. Definitely understand the necessity of water quality. I guess I was just saying seems pretty steep just to be able to monitor but STILL have to have some other way to actually do something about it. Definitely seems cool though, wouldn't mind constant monitoring in my tank. For now though saving my lil pennies for a new light setup
I ordered mine today
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new