The Mindstream is DEAD!! I'm getting mine soon!

Question for Daniel@R2R - I like playing the devils advocate so... Did you get your unit as a free evaluation unit that was doted over for months to be sure it was perfect, with 3 or 4 disks that were selected out of hundreds tested or did you buy it off the shelf or on-line like the rest of us will. I ask that because I have seen a very small SELECT group of people that that have one and talk about it favorably and even Daniel@R2R avoided comparing manual test accuracy with the units accuracy..
I guess you haven't seen my posts about my MS. I've had some issues but they seem to be getting better. That reminds me, I should go update my threads.
 
I guess you haven't seen my posts about my MS. I've had some issues but they seem to be getting better. That reminds me, I should go update my threads.

That thread. Your alk is at 11.5 with the Hanna checker and mindstream is telling you that it's 6.5ish. That's got to be more than just the different methods of measuring alk. I think that alone would make me pack it up and send the entire thing back to them. Add the differences in CA and connection issues and I'd be livid. Sorry you are having to deal with so many issues. Seems like things a beta tester might have to deal with, but not someone that dropped a grand to purchase this.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/test-results-not-matching-up.650775/
 
That thread. Your alk is at 11.5 with the Hanna checker and mindstream is telling you that it's 6.5ish. That's got to be more than just the different methods of measuring alk. I think that alone would make me pack it up and send the entire thing back to them. Add the differences in CA and connection issues and I'd be livid. Sorry you are having to deal with so many issues. Seems like things a beta tester might have to deal with, but not someone that dropped a grand to purchase this.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/test-results-not-matching-up.650775/
The cal and mag issues are leveling out but my alk still seems out of whack. The connection issue is fixed though. I'm not ready to give up on it yet, I think it will get right.
 
more delays... mine is pushed back again.. just wondering how many are shipping out a day..
 
more delays... mine is pushed back again.. just wondering how many are shipping out a day..
My guess would be none .

Must every Mindstream thread devolve into this conversation? Can't we keep the complaining about supply issues to the one or two threads dedicated to that particular topic? There's no need to troll every MS thread and spam it with your doubts and concerns.
 
Must every Mindstream thread devolve into this conversation? Can't we keep the complaining about supply issues to the one or two threads dedicated to that particular topic? There's no need to troll every MS thread and spam it with your doubts and concerns.

Maybe mindstream could actually ship the products within the timeframe that they promised. That would solve the entire problem.

This is a discussion board. People are free to discuss why the product is shipping months later than promised when people dropped $1,000 to order them. Unless mindstream come on to clear up the reasons, then people are going to continue to discuss it.
 
Must every Mindstream thread devolve into this conversation? Can't we keep the complaining about supply issues to the one or two threads dedicated to that particular topic? There's no need to troll every MS thread and spam it with your doubts and concerns.

What’s the suggested conversation then? How it’s been super awesome waiting since July 1?

I’m genuinely curious what should be discussed about a product that is not being delivered to paying customers. Is silence the recommendation? Also curious if you paid them $1000 over 100 days ago for nothing at this point.

It’s as easy to say must every Mindstream thread devolve into drinking the kool-aid and trying to convince each other everything is just fine?
1571070158927.jpeg
 
Must every Mindstream thread devolve into this conversation? Can't we keep the complaining about supply issues to the one or two threads dedicated to that particular topic? There's no need to troll every MS thread and spam it with your doubts and concerns.

Turn around is fair play? We see it in the Trident threads as well.

Kidding of course. Well, not really. I am. In any case the good news is there is demand. The other good news is maybe they caught something and needed to make change. Win win for everyone who is looking at it.

The bad news is no updates going out with regards to communication - at least as seen by the posts I read here and elsewhere. Of course that isn't everything. Just my opinion but the bigger concern is the requirement to pay upfront "AND" the delay "AND" the lack of "perceived" communication.

I say this as a Trident owner who was playing Dora the Explorer for over four months before a few R2R members tagged a few of us with a in-stock alert. That is how I was lucky to get mine. In this case you guys and gals are going directly to the source so a bit different.

Other than the demand seems to be high. Who knows but best of luck on getting it. Some of us do know the feeling.
 
Maybe mindstream could actually ship the products within the timeframe that they promised. That would solve the entire problem.

This is a discussion board. People are free to discuss why the product is shipping months later than promised when people dropped $1,000 to order them. Unless mindstream come on to clear up the reasons, then people are going to continue to discuss it.

You're right. This is a discussion board. I am discussing. I'm sorry it's not words you prefer to hear, however I have just as much right to voice my opinion as anyone else.

What’s the suggested conversation then? How it’s been super awesome waiting since July 1?

I’m genuinely curious what should be discussed about a product that is not being delivered to paying customers. Is silence the recommendation? Also curious if you paid them $1000 over 100 days ago for nothing at this point.

It’s as easy to say must every Mindstream thread devolve into drinking the kool-aid and trying to convince each other everything is just fine?
1571070158927.jpeg

I would think the suggest conversation in this thread is for the OP to post his thoughts and experiences with it since he does have one. I don't think posting about how you don't have one, lends to his original intent. And maybe he's fine with the turn the thread has taken, and that's great if that's the case.

Turn around is fair play? We see it in the Trident threads as well.

Kidding of course. Well, not really. I am. In any case the good news is there is demand. The other good news is maybe they caught something and needed to make change. Win win for everyone who is looking at it.

The bad news is no updates going out with regards to communication - at least as seen by the posts I read here and elsewhere. Of course that isn't everything. Just my opinion but the bigger concern is the requirement to pay upfront "AND" the delay "AND" the lack of "perceived" communication.

I say this as a Trident owner who was playing Dora the Explorer for over four months before a few R2R members tagged a few of us with a in-stock alert. That is how I was lucky to get mine. In this case you guys and gals are going directly to the source so a bit different.

Other than the demand seems to be high. Who knows but best of luck on getting it. Some of us do know the feeling.

I also understand the grievances of those voicing them. However, seeking out every Mindstream thread to post the same thing over and over is clearly not garnering any better response from the company as far as I can tell. It just seems like we're getting the same fear mongering posts from the same handful of people across all Mindstream threads. It doesn't seem productive as far as getting any more specific/original response from the company.
 
I'm going way out on a limb here, so bear with me.
I believe the device is deriving alkalinity with a PH and CO2 probe. I think their discovering the CO2 probe they are using is drifting a lot more than they had hoped and thus causing their calculated alkalinity readings to drift alone with the CO2 probe.
 
I'm going way out on a limb here, so bear with me.
I believe the device is deriving alkalinity with a PH and CO2 probe. I think their discovering the CO2 probe they are using is drifting a lot more than they had hoped and thus causing their calculated alkalinity readings to drift alone with the CO2 probe.
Why do you believe that is the case?
 
Must every Mindstream thread devolve into this conversation? Can't we keep the complaining about supply issues to the one or two threads dedicated to that particular topic? There's no need to troll every MS thread and spam it with your doubts and concerns.

There still really isn't any reasonable quantity of people who have one and are posting it.... so yeah, all mindstream threads resort to this.
 
I'm going way out on a limb here, so bear with me.
I believe the device is deriving alkalinity with a PH and CO2 probe. I think their discovering the CO2 probe they are using is drifting a lot more than they had hoped and thus causing their calculated alkalinity readings to drift alone with the CO2 probe.

Define what probe you think they are using, if you think it is drifting?
 
Why do you believe that is the case?
Because it's so difficult to test for alk without the titration method were as the PH and CO2 probes are durable and easy to read PH and CO2 values. Like I prefaced. It's only a guess.
 
Turn around is fair play? We see it in the Trident threads as well.

Kidding of course. Well, not really. I am. In any case the good news is there is demand. The other good news is maybe they caught something and needed to make change. Win win for everyone who is looking at it.

The bad news is no updates going out with regards to communication - at least as seen by the posts I read here and elsewhere. Of course that isn't everything. Just my opinion but the bigger concern is the requirement to pay upfront "AND" the delay "AND" the lack of "perceived" communication.

I say this as a Trident owner who was playing Dora the Explorer for over four months before a few R2R members tagged a few of us with a in-stock alert. That is how I was lucky to get mine. In this case you guys and gals are going directly to the source so a bit different.

Other than the demand seems to be high. Who knows but best of luck on getting it. Some of us do know the feeling.
Reminds of the old saying 'two wrongs dont make a right'. In the Apex/Trident threads - it was people who had ordered the product complaining (or those who wanted to) - some here are just 'agitating' - and its not just this thread - its every thread they post on
 
There still really isn't any reasonable quantity of people who have one and are posting it.... so yeah, all mindstream threads resort to this.
As many have said in many other threads - the people happy with a product are less likely to post than those that are not. In any case - Are you ordering one? Thinking of ordering one? Or just agitating?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new