The Miracle Tank

Which tang?


  • Total voters
    1,390
Well, I am finally back to reefing inside. :-) This tank has been running on my patio since May because of the flood and repairs. I guess I still have some bacteria going, along with some snails and some chaeto. I noticed that I now have some coralline algae growing on some of the rocks. There was none before. Baby steps. Ha!

ECEBC414-89E7-4ABA-B38D-4AE529F5C04D.jpeg
 
Well, I am finally back to reefing inside. :) This tank has been running on my patio since May because of the flood and repairs. I guess I still have some bacteria going, along with some snails and some chaeto. I noticed that I now have some coralline algae growing on some of the rocks. There was none before. Baby steps. Ha!

ECEBC414-89E7-4ABA-B38D-4AE529F5C04D.jpeg
Glad to hear things are heading back to normal for you.
 
Glad to hear things are heading back to normal for you.
Thanks. Getting there. I have a 125 sitting in the living room in parts. Hope to get that one back together soon too.
 
Red...
IMG_20211017_182332_082.jpg
 
I was robbed at the gas station this morning
I called the cops and they asked “ if I knew who did it”?
I said yes - pump #6
 
Aquascaping a seven gallon. First attempt this go around.

AAD28CF7-C2E0-470B-A513-8106159BDE56.jpeg

The sump sorta cleaned up. The five gallon ATO and the carbon canister upstairs.

522C4C83-9738-4DD5-B34B-BF64963D9A4A.jpeg

And the whole enchilada. I know it is odd and over the top - but of course that was the goal. :)
4A138ECF-70BA-4D5C-B4A8-A5BD502C5BD2.jpeg

Pirate’s Reef rises again.
 
Last edited:
Aquascaping a seven gallon. First attempt this go around.

AAD28CF7-C2E0-470B-A513-8106159BDE56.jpeg

The sump sorta cleaned up. The five gallon ATO and the carbon canister upstairs.

522C4C83-9738-4DD5-B34B-BF64963D9A4A.jpeg

And the whole enchilada. I know it is odd and over the top - but of course that was the goal. :)
4A138ECF-70BA-4D5C-B4A8-A5BD502C5BD2.jpeg

Pirate’s Reef rises again.
Love the pirate treasure look. Clean setup.
 
Love the pirate treasure look. Clean setup.
Thank you. I built this 15+ years ago. Pretty much all DIY. The stand was originally for a 45 gallon and ended up under the chest. It has been running and torn down a number of times through the years. Even sat outside on the carport dry for a few years and I almost put it on the curb for the trash. I had a good restart going last year before Hurricane Laura, but the storm took care of that. So, here we go again. It looked like the pic below before I robbed it of frags when I set up my 140.

ShoeBoxReef1-07.jpg
 
Aquascaping a seven gallon. First attempt this go around.

AAD28CF7-C2E0-470B-A513-8106159BDE56.jpeg

The sump sorta cleaned up. The five gallon ATO and the carbon canister upstairs.

522C4C83-9738-4DD5-B34B-BF64963D9A4A.jpeg

And the whole enchilada. I know it is odd and over the top - but of course that was the goal. :)
4A138ECF-70BA-4D5C-B4A8-A5BD502C5BD2.jpeg

Pirate’s Reef rises again.
That is unexpected and awesome at the same time. Admire your patience and perseverance.
 
Aquascaping a seven gallon. First attempt this go around.

AAD28CF7-C2E0-470B-A513-8106159BDE56.jpeg

The sump sorta cleaned up. The five gallon ATO and the carbon canister upstairs.

522C4C83-9738-4DD5-B34B-BF64963D9A4A.jpeg

And the whole enchilada. I know it is odd and over the top - but of course that was the goal. :)
4A138ECF-70BA-4D5C-B4A8-A5BD502C5BD2.jpeg

Pirate’s Reef rises again.
Really happy to see this... :)
 
Aquascaping a seven gallon. First attempt this go around.

AAD28CF7-C2E0-470B-A513-8106159BDE56.jpeg

The sump sorta cleaned up. The five gallon ATO and the carbon canister upstairs.

522C4C83-9738-4DD5-B34B-BF64963D9A4A.jpeg

And the whole enchilada. I know it is odd and over the top - but of course that was the goal. :)
4A138ECF-70BA-4D5C-B4A8-A5BD502C5BD2.jpeg

Pirate’s Reef rises again.

This makes me very happy. :)
 
..RED...
IMG_20211103_133440_828.jpg

They still bloomed day after first hard frost...;Penguin:)
IMG_20211104_071434_095.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new