The Miracle Tank

Which tang?

• Total voters
U

User1

View Badges
My anniversary is 4/20, too! We got married in Vegas both times :)

Both times??? :D

So I'm flying to the UK and for some reason before I could transfer craft to SF we bounced through Vegas. People leave, people board, pilots head out and then sadly call over the radio that we need to hold on taxiway for a bit. A bit turns into an hour. Hour turns into 2 hours. pilot comes on and says we have to move due to police activity and it will be about another hour give or take so they start checking everyones flights leaving San Fran and me and a couple others are going to be pushing it pretty close. I'm thinking oh, that is right. My former wingman is a cop here in Vegas - let me call and see what is going on.

So I call and say Yo, you working. He says yeah, you wouldn't believe this call I'm on right now. I'm like really? Have anything to do with the air port by any chance? He says what the heck man, you in Vegas and didn't say anything and I'm like no, just passing through but will catch you on layover on the way back. Anyway we are talking and the two next to me start looking at me all funny. I'm like relax, I got this. He proceeds to tell me that there is a guy outside a wedding chapel and is threatening to kill himself with a gun. I say, OMG. He says yeah, right. The negotiators are trying to talk him out of it but since there is a gun, and he is near the runway and the bullet could miss and hit a plane, all craft are stopped on those taxiways.

I'm like what the heck - just shoot him already so we can take off and those around me just look at me gasping. Of course I'm 100% teasing but he did end up tasing the guy :). Flight took off finally and I ended up explaining it to those nearby :). Of course they only caught one side of the conversation but still.

I love Vegas. Fun to people watch. I get to do a few ride alongs. Not sure I could live there but it is fun to see the money flowing through there. I've seen people bet what I've bought my house for. Sometimes make you step back and look at choices I made but then I'm like no - no do overs and no regrets.

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both times??? :D
Lol! Yup. Both times. Married in 2002, divorced in 2004, moved out for about 3 months, but spent all my time at the house. Moved back in and we've been together ever since. Finally decided to make it official again in 2016 :)

Scratch08

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Supper time...
20200401_181357.jpg
;Smuggrin

U

User1

View Badges
Supper time...
20200401_181357.jpg
;Smuggrin

Looks mighty tastey but that dish would kill me. Deathly allergic to shellfish. Sad too because I used to eat lobster and abalone like there was no tomorrow in my 20's. Then one day on leave we go out to dinner, I get a rash, and thought maybe it was the drinks. Go out again and have another lobster and same thing but only worse...

Now if I eat it it is respiratory blocking and deadly. Mother Nature 1, Scotty 0...

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, a little bizarre. I am reading this post and I have Jeopardy on TV. At the precise instant I am reading the word "Uranus", Alex Trebek says "Uranus" as part of a question. What are the odds? :) Maybe you had to be here... LOL!

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok, a little bizarre. I am reading this post and I have Jeopardy on TV. At the precise instant I am reading the word "Uranus", Alex Trebek says "Uranus" as part of a question. What are the odds? :) Maybe you had to be here... LOL!
Maybe you had more tequila than we did.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So two very weird days in a row. Yesterday an 6.5 earthquake north of Boise. We are a couple of hundred miles away and our house was rocking for 20 seconds. Today a hail storm that dumped about 2" of hail in minutes. This on top of working from home...yay.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well we went fishing lol.

Paxtin was the only one to catch anything memorable. I caught a ton of sheepshead, but none were 12” or greater. Sadly I don’t have the stuff down here to keep puffers alive or we would have kept the 14” one. The snook was a blast for him, as even when small they fight like there is no tomorrow.

7A116CE4-EFEE-472D-BB4F-20871A5225E3.jpeg
12C55017-AF7D-4807-9655-F60CF7F91CEE.jpeg
663FD1F0-0D45-4F8D-B1E3-A8CC671ED293.jpeg

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 50 83.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.0%
Back