The Miracle Tank

Which tang?

• Total voters

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Things I can't say, ***!
I am English for anyone that hadn't noticed, fog with an A.
"I'm going outside to smoke a fog" means "I am going outside to have a cigarette", fog with an A = cigarette", if only everyone spoke English English! ;)
what about a bundle of sticks;)

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have no idea how much trouble due to translation issues have gotten me in big trouble or banned over the years! ;)
My MGB owner's manual was a little confusing at first.
I had to reread a couple of time for me to agree with what my eyes where reading.

NS Mike D

In the arena.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ok folks, enjoy my version of a low budget, low tech betta tank. .

Some background
This started out as a betta, a 5 gal tank and a tacky pagoda about 2 years ago for my office desk. The past few weeks I've been transforming it to a planted tank. There remains a few small things I want to change to make the aquascape work a little better, but for now, their function is needed. I didn't wait for the water to clear nor dark to avoid the window reflection,

None of the plants are planted in gravel and get their food from the water, so there is no need for fertilized substrate, and they have low to mid light needs to match the cheap plant LEDs. I dose Seachem Flourish for nutrients and Excel for a carbon source (no CO2 tank).

The small tank size really made for a challenge, as I could not come up with a more natural backdrop and still use the java fern and anubias, but I think it still came out looking bigger than a 5 gallon tank, and feels like I'm walking along a Japanese Temple.

This was a fun first attempt at a fresh water planted aquascape. BTW, these planted tank folks are just as insane with the technology and water chemistry as we reef junkies.

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
;Snaphappy
I think so too, she's just about 2 years old and hangs out with her brother... Still a young one with lots of attitude :p
20200505_184141.jpg

20200505_184304.jpg
You took these shots? Amazing pics! The backdrop isn’t half bad either ;Snaphappy;Snaphappy

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
;Snaphappy
You took these shots? Amazing pics! The backdrop isn’t half bad either ;Snaphappy;Snaphappy

Thanks! Not too bad for a Note 10 Plus I think, love seeing these two hanging out and having fun they are a little less playful now than when they were younger but still fun.

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks! Not too bad for a Note 10 Plus I think, love seeing these two hanging out and having fun they are a little less playful now than when they were younger but still fun.
are those current pics,i don't like snow!! but mann has been mid 90's here 4 days in a row now..beautiful backyard view there!! :cool:

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are those current pics,i don't like snow!! but mann has been mid 90's here 4 days in a row now..beautiful backyard view there!! :cool:

Those were taken at the beginning of May, although there is still snow around that area. Those are just a couple of the regular residents I see on any given trip... these two being a little more famous, atleast around here...

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If my number would have come up in the draft lottery, I may have returned to good old Mother England, as I did have dual citizenship until I was 21. :)

That’s actually not true, I would have never passed the physical and would have been classified 4F. I never really actually considered it. It just makes for a good story. I always thought it sucked that people’s life or death could have been determined by something similar to Bingo. Definitely respect those that volunteer for the service.

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not bad at all. I didn’t realize siblings stayed together that long or that they stayed in the same area. Is that your backyard? If so, I just broke my no envy rule ;Woot

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
kinda cool 45 min:rolleyes: at the time i was going ask you all what this lit up icon was,and it hit top of new posts:rolleyes:

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not bad at all. I didn’t realize siblings stayed together that long or that they stayed in the same area. Is that your backyard? If so, I just broke my no envy rule ;Woot

Lol no unfortunately its not my back yard, although I'm not sure I'd want that back yard with things that can eat me roaming around. It is however not too far from my back yard, an hour orso

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Did my first landing today. She was an absolute greaser! Here’s me flying after touch and goes over my family’s house

A322C3BD-DB81-467E-AC73-D179ADDBB00C.jpeg
congats "ACE" :cool:

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 30 52.6%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.3%
Back