Which tang?

• Total voters

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tall trunk in the photo is gone now, but I left the base of the tree In the fence line. If I was talented enough to carve such a thing, that might be cool for two tikis. Anyone know anyone handy with a chainsaw that can also whittle? :). This is what is left.

14CDF5F8-4A27-4B23-AE58-3A142406A152.jpeg
I have a friend who carves logs into anything people want. He has traveled but it was for politicians. Could only imagine that bill
Some of his projects are really cool

Si you have clowns? Man my life sucks. I never have enough free time read up on Journals

U

User1

View Badges
I know I do! But some days I feel so isolated. I need human contact. Facial expressions. Laughter.

I know the feeling. I mean not so much in my case because I am fine alone but I do feel bad for people that are more social. I noticed your avatar and was like yup, I see what she is saying. Hang in there. We all just have to work through this while we let those work on real solutions.

I know it isn't the same thing but I know my niece throws a zoom happy hour with her friends. Sort of interesting. They also watch movies at the same time. Some will sync up and start at or as close to the same. Friends of ours with Plex can sync the movies. So silly things like that.

Out doors though - I get it. We have grabbed our GSD, threw her in the back, and went to the ocean. Grabbed a bottle of wine, fried some chicken, cheese, salads, etc - and just walked around a bit. Outside it isn't as bad and not a lot of people. We stay off the larger populated areas.

I thought I saw you dive, or a picture. Not sure how far a safe body of water is but maybe do a day trip. We head to Monterey for about 2 dives off the beach. In any case I do feel for you. If nothing else go outside for a few just to see the sky - maybe kick a bush while you are at it :). Well, nothing aggressive - just the ah shucks sort of thing :)

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I do! But some days I feel so isolated. I need human contact. Facial expressions. Laughter.
Would be cool if we all did a Zoom get together. I can picture us all laughing to tears.

EDIT: Jinx @saf1 !

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know the feeling. I mean not so much in my case because I am fine alone but I do feel bad for people that are more social. I noticed your avatar and was like yup, I see what she is saying. Hang in there. We all just have to work through this while we let those work on real solutions.

I know it isn't the same thing but I know my niece throws a zoom happy hour with her friends. Sort of interesting. They also watch movies at the same time. Some will sync up and start at or as close to the same. Friends of ours with Plex can sync the movies. So silly things like that.

Out doors though - I get it. We have grabbed our GSD, threw her in the back, and went to the ocean. Grabbed a bottle of wine, fried some chicken, cheese, salads, etc - and just walked around a bit. Outside it isn't as bad and not a lot of people. We stay off the larger populated areas.

I thought I saw you dive, or a picture. Not sure how far a safe body of water is but maybe do a day trip. We head to Monterey for about 2 dives off the beach. In any case I do feel for you. If nothing else go outside for a few just to see the sky - maybe kick a bush while you are at it :). Well, nothing aggressive - just the ah shucks sort of thing :)
These are all great suggestions!!
Thank you. I wish I could dive more. The lake dives just aren’t the same. If I had a significant other I don’t think I would feel like this. And honestly I’m thinking that the dive trip made my mental health worse, not better. Because I got 4 days of socializing and being around people with common interests and now being deprived of that, it’s like an open wound. I love being alone, but having been alone since March... and (TMI) no physical contact with the opposite sex since January. I feel insanely empty. I thrive off of connecting with people. Whether that’s sharing a love of diving, or reminiscing old times. There’s something about doing these things in person, a chemical connection, that I do not get. Humans are social animals. I am trying my best to be diligent about COVID and distancing. But we are on month 5.... and I’m at a point where my mental health is declining. And my parents are 68, so they don’t want to risk the road trip (5 hours) to come and visit. My sister lives 13 hours away and has voiced she doesn’t want me to come. Its all hard. I’m a mental strong person normally. Today I’m just feeling weak I guess.
gosh and now I just feel like I word vomited stream on consciousness.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are all great suggestions!!
Thank you. I wish I could dive more. The lake dives just aren’t the same. If I had a significant other I don’t think I would feel like this. And honestly I’m thinking that the dive trip made my mental health worse, not better. Because I got 4 days of socializing and being around people with common interests and now being deprived of that, it’s like an open wound. I love being alone, but having been alone since March... and (TMI) no physical contact with the opposite sex since January. I feel insanely empty. I thrive off of connecting with people. Whether that’s sharing a love of diving, or reminiscing old times. There’s something about doing these things in person, a chemical connection, that I do not get. Humans are social animals. I am trying my best to be diligent about COVID and distancing. But we are on month 5.... and I’m at a point where my mental health is declining. And my parents are 68, so they don’t want to risk the road trip (5 hours) to come and visit. My sister lives 13 hours away and has voiced she doesn’t want me to come. Its all hard. I’m a mental strong person normally. Today I’m just feeling weak I guess.
In your case the recommendations are devastating. You need to find a small group you can hang with asap. I suggest if you have a hard time is contacting a pastor. They can get you in a group.

Last edited:

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would be cool if we all did a Zoom get together. I can picture us all laughing to tears.

EDIT: Jinx @saf1 !
I may need some techincal assistance on that. :) Old people...

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me, too!!! I just learned how to screen shot my phone last night, so it's not just "old people" (at least, I don't think 40 is old) that need help with technology ;Hilarious

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me, too!!! I just learned how to screen shot my phone last night, so it's not just "old people" (at least, I don't think 40 is old) that need help with technology ;Hilarious
My kids will help

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
right here with you guys!! still trying to post videos ..lol

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is what i get when my daughter" helps" pun "zoom..zoom" me!! :rolleyes:
WP_20200630_22_34_21_Pro.jpg
Diapers old man
1592522105375_image_25343529190537.jpg

Bonus they can double as a face mask. This is my best friend, Ben Pettit. Known him since I was knee high
FB_IMG_1594778205818.jpg

U

User1

View Badges

No, I wouldn't say that. Not at all. I think I understand although I'm an older male. The times are tough when you are used to doing certain things and communicating both face to face and the physical contact that comes with it. By physical I do not go right to that I mean more the hugs, pats, laughter, etc. It comes by sitting near and interacting as close friends do.

The current situation of lock down does change things and so that physical interaction when around friends is gone and no amount of Zoom / face time will cure that. It does, however, bring communication. And so the best thing I can do is recommend getting with your inner circle, friends, co-workers, anyone you trust (trust please) and talk.

You need to laugh. Then you can scream. Maybe cry. But laugh first. And if you are really feeling adventurous and naughty sneak over to a friends house and get that face to face girl power stuff going because sometimes that will outweigh anything else. Watch some sitcoms, girl movies, tell tales, whatever. But you have to get through it.

Not sure I'm much help here but if you ever think it is too much then you need to call mom, dad, sis, or the next person. Or just say to hell with all the rules and meet someone for coffee, tea, or a beverage. Not sure how to bold this but but you are the most important person.

Stay strong.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Diapers old man
1592522105375_image_25343529190537.jpg

Bonus they can double as a face mask. This is my best friend, Ben Pettit. Known him since I was knee high
FB_IMG_1594778205818.jpg
I hope it was at least a clean one... :p

Scratch08

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Making ((local in person)) friends in your late 20s - hard

making new friends in a new city during covid— IMPOSSIBLE

SINCERELY,
Very lonely dog mom
I concur. I was still in the military in my late 20's...my friends were my Brothers, sadly, most of them are no longer here...I still have a hard time getting close to people locally. I find comfort and a closeness in the friends I have here. Yeah, we can't physically go out and drink/eat/party together whenever we want...but some days I feel closer to some of the people on here than I do with my own family (not talking about my wife here, she is my rock and most definitely the reason I'm still here...just talking about the family I was born into). Ok, maybe that is a little dark, but its the life (terrors) I live. You're still young and have time, friends will come and they will go, but non the less, we will still be here, and we are the best family/friends there are. One day we will all get together and party 'til we're naked ;Woot ...OK, not really, cause nobody wants to see me naked ;Hilarious

PS...please excuse the darkness in my post, today has been rough, and the margaritas were strong ;)

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I wouldn't say that. Not at all. I think I understand although I'm an older male. The times are tough when you are used to doing certain things and communicating both face to face and the physical contact that comes with it. By physical I do not go right to that I mean more the hugs, pats, laughter, etc. It comes by sitting near and interacting as close friends do.

The current situation of lock down does change things and so that physical interaction when around friends is gone and no amount of Zoom / face time will cure that. It does, however, bring communication. And so the best thing I can do is recommend getting with your inner circle, friends, co-workers, anyone you trust (trust please) and talk.

You need to laugh. Then you can scream. Maybe cry. But laugh first. And if you are really feeling adventurous and naughty sneak over to a friends house and get that face to face girl power stuff going because sometimes that will outweigh anything else. Watch some sitcoms, girl movies, tell tales, whatever. But you have to get through it.

Not sure I'm much help here but if you ever think it is too much then you need to call mom, dad, sis, or the next person. Or just say to hell with all the rules and meet someone for coffee, tea, or a beverage. Not sure how to bold this but but you are the most important person.

Stay strong.
Agree. I had a tennet have people over at her apartment. I told them they are brave souls for disobeying an order. I was just joking. She started to get up set and cry because she thought I would report her and she would loose her apartment. I reassured her I didnt care. Her mental health was more important that than staying isolated and that was just as dangerous.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 38.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back