Which tang?

• Total voters

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful picture. Majestic buildings, an amazing display of American flags, and even a little plant life in amongst all the concrete and glass. An amazing lack of people on the street though.
Thanks! That is St. Patrick’s Cathedral and Sak’s 5th Avenue if anyone was wondering. Taken at 6am.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because "reef mommy" our little darling caused this ex bushy nepthea to be like this in 24 hours! ;)

DSC_0002 (1024x767).jpg

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol!

Then again that may backfire when she kicks down the door or has other skills to get back in :) Then you may be the one out on your bum :D
Yeah, I know a few women who are outdoorsy. More so than me. Not that comfortable around a gal that knows how to stalk a deer and kill it. Then drag it out of the woods and field dress (gut) it right there. I don’t think I would look all that great hanging upside down from a tree with all my organs removed. Those are the kind of girls you don’t want to make mad! :) My sister-in-law is one of those women, but I know others. :)

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apparently, at around 5:00pm in the afternoons there is still some shade on the deck after the tree was removed. LOL!

27BD3968-6950-41B3-8D2F-E40E73C3CC54.jpeg
Nice little spot to cuddle with a drink.

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice little spot to cuddle with a drink.
Oh, I had a couple of beers sitting there when I realized there is still "some" shade there. Ha! Sun almost never hit that deck anywhere.

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, I had a couple of beers sitting there when I realized there is still "some" shade there. Ha! Sun almost never hit that deck anywhere.
Time to redo the whole back yard ;)
Retirement project!

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is the way it is looking. The deck has to go too. It is 30 years old and the tree limbs falling on it finished it off. I just tore down the bamboo privacy screen around the patio. It was 15 years old. About to rebuild that. I ordered a new hot tub in April, but they are made in California and the factory was shut down until two weeks ago. Still months away from getting that. I spent the day clearing all the drains on my patio cover and getting it ready for cosmetic treatment. It had bamboo screens on the underside of the roof and they rotted after 15 years. It will be nice again, but it will take a while. I probably posted this pic before, but this is what the patio looked liked a few years ago. It was such a nice place to chill - and will be again.

Patio.jpg

The old privacy screen right after I built it the first time. Forgive me if you have seen the pics before. I can't remember where all I posted them.

screen2.jpg

The uncovered patio extension (still there but has larger plant growth now).

P0008263-ed.jpg

I have old pics of the deck and tree somewhere, but can't put my finger on them at the moment.

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone..tough couple of days. The oncologist called and said that dad still isn’t strong enough for chemo and it’s time to move him to hospice. Not quite sure what to do with myself. Mom a mess, but she doesn’t want me to come down yet (because of covid), so I’m sort of lost.

Really miss everyone, but don’t want to bring everyone down. Give your spouse/kids/significant other a hug...Things change so fast nowadays.

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone..tough couple of days. The oncologist called and said that dad still isn’t strong enough for chemo and it’s time to move him to hospice. Not quite sure what to do with myself. Mom a mess, but she doesn’t want me to come down yet (because of covid), so I’m sort of lost.

Really miss everyone, but don’t want to bring everyone down. Give your spouse/kids/significant other a hug...Things change so fast nowadays.
So sorry.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 162 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back