The Miracle Tank

Which tang?

• Total voters
U

User1

View Badges
That is the way it is looking. The deck has to go too. It is 30 years old and the tree limbs falling on it finished it off. I just tore down the bamboo privacy screen around the patio. It was 15 years old. About to rebuild that. I ordered a new hot tub in April, but they are made in California and the factory was shut down until two weeks ago. Still months away from getting that. I spent the day clearing all the drains on my patio cover and getting it ready for cosmetic treatment. It had bamboo screens on the underside of the roof and they rotted after 15 years. It will be nice again, but it will take a while. I probably posted this pic before, but this is what the patio looked liked a few years ago. It was such a nice place to chill - and will be again.

Patio.jpg

The old privacy screen right after I built it the first time. Forgive me if you have seen the pics before. I can't remember where all I posted them.

screen2.jpg

The uncovered patio extension (still there but has larger plant growth now).

P0008263-ed.jpg

I have old pics of the deck and tree somewhere, but can't put my finger on them at the moment.

Didn't think anything was made in California anymore...

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone..tough couple of days. The oncologist called and said that dad still isn’t strong enough for chemo and it’s time to move him to hospice. Not quite sure what to do with myself. Mom a mess, but she doesn’t want me to come down yet (because of covid), so I’m sort of lost.

Really miss everyone, but don’t want to bring everyone down. Give your spouse/kids/significant other a hug...Things change so fast nowadays.
I'm so sorry. If you need to talk, rage, vent, whatever, and you don't want to do it on a thread, please message me. I'm more than happy to listen. Hugs to you and your family

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn't think anything was made in California anymore...
Apparently I found the only place that does. HotSpring Spa (Watkins Manufacturing). They made my old spa that lasted 30 years, so I wanted to go with them again.

U

User1

View Badges
Apparently I found the only place that does. HotSpring Spa (Watkins Manufacturing). They made my old spa that lasted 30 years, so I wanted to go with them again.

That is cool actually. Glad it lasted long and that they are still in business. The fact it lasted so long is probably why they are still in business :). My snarky comment aside though sadly we are not a small business friendly state anymore which is why I said that.

If you haven't spoken to them or received an update I wonder if they are open. We just went back on lockdown. I do not see this ending anytime soon :(

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This should be an interesting drive home. About two hours ago tornadoes reported in the area I drive home.

Got my ski and about ready to jump on the road.
None of the reported tornadoes did much damage. Except @fishguy242 took a beating.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apparently, at around 5:00pm in the afternoons there is still some shade on the deck after the tree was removed. LOL!

27BD3968-6950-41B3-8D2F-E40E73C3CC54.jpeg
Looks like that deck has an expansion to the left. Catch more of that shade

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
What do you get when you mix beans and onions?
ANSWER: Tear gas.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning y'all! Hopefully back to the tank next week. I got vacation time on both checks!
Good! You deserve it for all you bring to them.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back