The Miracle Tank

Which tang?

• Total voters
U

User1

View Badges
Looks like we might be doing school online...

Do you live in California :). Kidding - I know you don't but that is how it is rolling out our way. I feel bad for parents with young children these days. Heck, any in school for that matter. Personal opinion that children need a classroom to learn. Not every home is suitable for home schooling be it parenting style, discipline, self discipline, family dynamics, and above all working parent, parents, and their respected jobs.

I do believe we are still trying to work it out but they have to gear up for it regardless so soon it is going to be too late to stop. I am not a fan and believe it is going to cause bigger problems down the road and in some cases a clear separation between some. That is my fear.

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do you live in California :). Kidding - I know you don't but that is how it is rolling out our way. I feel bad for parents with young children these days. Heck, any in school for that matter. Personal opinion that children need a classroom to learn. Not every home is suitable for home schooling be it parenting style, discipline, self discipline, family dynamics, and above all working parent, parents, and their respected jobs.

I do believe we are still trying to work it out but they have to gear up for it regardless so soon it is going to be too late to stop. I am not a fan and believe it is going to cause bigger problems down the road and in some cases a clear separation between some. That is my fear.
I agree. I also think socialization is important. Not every child is going to benefit from home schooling.

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
image.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Looks like we might be doing school online...
Wisconsin proposed this but as of yesterday is moving forward with regular " in person" school.
The way our numbers are climbing, that will change i'm sure. My daughter is to report to her university at the end of August

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
A Bake-and-Take Dessert . . . . Enjoy !!!

Strawberry Snowcap Bars

This rich, buttery, crusty-sweetie cookie bar has all the fun of frosting but without a gooey topping. The meringue bakes on. Bake and take the entire panful or cut and wrap bars individually for roadside picnics or work treat

1 1/2 sticks butter
1 1/2 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 large egg yolks
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup strawberry jam
2 egg whites1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup shaved chocolate, fine-chopped nuts or sprinkles (optional)

Separate eggs. Soften butter and mix with flour, sugar, salt and egg yolks. Batter will be thick. Spread in a buttered 9 X 13-inch baking pan and bake 12-14 minutes at 350 degrees. Leave oven on.
Spread jam over warm cake. Whip egg whites with cream of tartar and sugar until soft peaks form. Fold in extras if using. Spread over jam layer, carefully spreading to edges of the pan, and bake another 15-18 minutes until meringue is toasty and golden. Cool completely, cut in bars and refrigerate after the first day. Makes 24 bar cookies.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Great truths that little children have learned:
1. No matter how hard you try, you can’t baptize cats.
2. When your mom is mad at your dad, don’t let her brush your hair.
3. If your sister hits you, don’t hit her back. They always catch the second person.
4. You can’t hide a piece of broccoli in a glass of milk.
5. You can’t trust dogs to watch your food.

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wisconsin proposed this but as of yesterday is moving forward with regular " in person" school.
The way our numbers are climbing, that will change i'm sure. My daughter is to report to her university at the end of August
I'm sure you've given her wonderful advice on how to stay healthy!

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

• Other.

Back