Which tang?

• Total voters

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This remind me of a neighbour who had a squirrel in his garage. Caught it and released it only to find another one. Repeat. Finally asks and I am like tag it to see if it is the same one. He spray painted / dabbed the tail and sure enough. It was the same squirrel coming back. Turns out it was a female and was nesting. So he waited until everyone grew up safe then was finally able to remove it.

Will be interesting if that lad or lass comes back :D Nice work though.
The
i jump out of bed in boxers w a pistol in hand ,way she was screaming,son said its a bat :rolleyes: went back got dressed grabbed a fishnet let the lil guy go,with the deal he hangs around for skeeter control..:pmind you it was about 4 am here:rolleyes:
Eat 10000 insects a night

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You peaked my interest. In TX it is only legal to kill a bat that is in or on a building that contains people
Your right if they are in man made structures dweling with people they can be delt with in some states.

In Illinois you can only deal with bats in a structure during certain times of the year. We can't kill them

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had no idea. Well if one dive bombs me and latches onto my neck and bites me looks like I might be doing some time
They dive bomb to catch the insects that you kick up when you are walking.

U

User1

View Badges
Your right if they are in man made structures dweling with people they can be delt with in some states.

In Illinois you can only deal with bats in a structure during certain times of the year. We can't kill them

There is a winery along the American River in California. Bogle I believe. Anyway they had this box under an eve and I never could figure out what it was yet I heard something in there rustling around. Anyway one day they forgot to clean up under it and I caught a smell so asked about it. They said they built the nesting box for the local bats. Helps control the insects around their vineyard.

I was like cool. Works for me.

Edit: forgot to say thanks @sfin52 for information. Always good to learn new things.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
It's official. Hell froze over. Andrew is wearing a man bun.
Hopefully not this one ??

1597454409639.png

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There is a winery along the American River in California. Bogle I believe. Anyway they had this box under an eve and I never could figure out what it was yet I heard something in there rustling around. Anyway one day they forgot to clean up under it and I caught a smell so asked about it. They said they built the nesting box for the local bats. Helps control the insects around their vineyard.

Edit: forgot to say thanks @sfin52 for information. Always good to learn new things.
Bat boxes in bamboo will eliminate mosquitos naturally.

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have the next 6 days off of work, the plan for the past month now is to build a couple bat houses with my daughter for mine and my father's houses.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 23.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back