The Miracle Tank

Which tang?


  • Total voters
    1,390
Got this for free at the LFS. What is it?

FEB5E71D-7CE1-410D-87FC-868A95FA677A.jpeg E82303FE-DBF8-43E5-A38E-FA524243AE08.jpeg A2FD1DD3-0860-434F-A1EB-B7435F432533.jpeg

If it is a coral I would guess a strain of birds nest. I have a green one that has tiny branches.
 
hard or soft looks like branching coralline??
That is what I thought. I thought it was thin branching coralline algae. When I asked they said it was ogo macro then said I could just have it but it looks different then what I saw online
 
Very nice stony !! it is actually Seriatopora hystrix which is a type of colonial stony coral of the grouping- pocciloporidae . This forms a branching clump and is commonly known as thin birdsnest coral, but not necessarily a birdnest.
 
This is the algae on it. Click on the picture to enlarge

FEF29204-89AD-4E64-99C1-3C512BD4DD63.jpeg 19E10DA2-0139-441F-A62C-870707DEF0B2.jpeg
Looks that way and if its a dead spot, you can take tweezers as this stuff is fragile and snap off the dead area
 
wish we had a "i dunno" emoji :p
Lol a part of me wants it to be coralline algae I would hate to think that a LFS that I frequent and have done a lot of business with would knowingly give me a ‘dead and burnt crisp aka Cajun style’ piece of ogo algae as my first freebie :|
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 27.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new