OP
OP
D

dustint21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As you work on your wiring, keep in mind that you will want to remove your skimmer and return pump periodically for maintenance. I worked so hard on my first system to make the wiring look nice it made doing maintenance absolutely awful. As a build out my new system, I am making it as maintenance friendly as possible at the cost of some aesthetics.
Thank you for the reminder! I made the front panel of the equipment box removable. I plan to use velcro straps for the wiring. I think somebody needs to design self cleaning equipment to make our lives easier! LOL

OP
OP
D

dustint21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Playing around with wiring tonight. I got everything on the Apex! It’s all working as it should! I was ready to throw in the towel on the apex.... Their customer service is top notch! Emails and phone calls after business hours!

Now if this cloudy water would go away I would be really happy! I’m pretty sure it’s just a new tank thing? I’ve never used live sand or dry rock until this tank. It must have something to do with it because I’ve never had it happen before....

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neeeerrrdddd! [emoji23]

Hope to get to see this tank in person one day sir.
d0cf6156e5399efe6e907d340f232db2.jpg

OP
OP
D

dustint21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neeeerrrdddd! [emoji23]

Hope to get to see this tank in person one day sir.
d0cf6156e5399efe6e907d340f232db2.jpg

Dang! You got me! Ran across somebody on Facebook talking about it. Had to check it out!

You are welcome anytime! Come show me what I’m doing wrong and help me fix it! Lol

Smprc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to say lovely build and I have been inspired. I am in the middle of the prepping stages and hopefully I will post a build thread soon. Once again, nicely done.

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang! You got me! Ran across somebody on Facebook talking about it. Had to check it out!

You are welcome anytime! Come show me what I’m doing wrong and help me fix it! Lol
I can already tell you what you're doing wrong. Your tank, stand, canopy, sump, and equipment look so dang sexy that it doesn't matter how awesome the corals and fish look, they'll never live up to the setup. You have to ugly up your setup like mine so everybody is in amazement that despite the hideous setup, I keep some corals alive so they are already impressed. Its like a dandelion growing out of a construction debris pile versus a rose at Machu Pichu.

OP
OP
D

dustint21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to say lovely build and I have been inspired. I am in the middle of the prepping stages and hopefully I will post a build thread soon. Once again, nicely done.
Thank you! Please start a build thread! I love seeing what others do! That where I got most of my ideas. Then you can tweak them a little and make them you own!

OP
OP
D

dustint21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can already tell you what you're doing wrong. Your tank, stand, canopy, sump, and equipment look so dang sexy that it doesn't matter how awesome the corals and fish look, they'll never live up to the setup. You have to ugly up your setup like mine so everybody is in amazement that despite the hideous setup, I keep some corals alive so they are already impressed. Its like a dandelion growing out of a construction debris pile versus a rose at Machu Pichu.

It’s all about that quality H2O! Building stuff is what I do! It’s easy! Farming is a whole different ball game! ;)

OP
OP
D

dustint21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well not much going on! Hurry up and wait! I did get a iPad for the apex. I need to find a good mount if anybody has suggestions.

OP
OP
D

dustint21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve listed this setup for sale in the classifieds. Work and family need my attention and the tank isn’t getting the attention it deserves.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 158 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back