The Money Pit

Clayton Jessup

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Clayton! I'm very happy with the tank as far as size goes. I thought it was going to be easy to aquascape! That was far from true... The sump quality is fantastic! Bashsea makes a great product for sure. I will be using their reactors and possibly their skimmer if an upgrade is needed down the road.

Thank you dustint21, I love the size of your tank! That’s great to hear about Bashsea! I a, in absolute love with there sumps !

OP
OP
D

dustint21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the stand tonight. Did a quick test fit. Everything looks great. Going to stain it this week. Hope to have water in the tank tomorrow!

8FAEB0DC-ADCB-43AB-A9C8-E8E60BECCA83.jpeg

68B39DE0-B014-40C7-8AC7-DACEEDBF7AB1.jpeg

Devan Petersen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW. That is a very clean set up..... i thought mine looked good until i started seeing other members... i need to step my reef game up.

OP
OP
D

dustint21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW. That is a very clean set up..... i thought mine looked good until i started seeing other members... i need to step my reef game up.

Thanks! R2R is a great place, but it also is the devil! I was perfectly happy with my DIY Sumps and what not. Then I started doing some trolling on R2R and some of these guys just have a knack for building eye catching systems. @Broadfield and his amazing setup is what started a fire under my butt to make something that looked good. If it wasn’t for running across his setup on google I would have never taken the plunge into the color matching display sump style setup.

OP
OP
D

dustint21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really wish I could make water faster! Had a set back last night and poked a whole in my hose... had to get another hose before work this morning! Got 44 gallons made while I was at work. Now I will be up all night waiting for the last of it to be able to fill the tank!

993D1288-5802-4084-94A5-A5AC901B9DF2.jpeg

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really looking nice, love the rockscape! You are a ways ahead of me but I hope to start catching up this weekend!

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You do the opposite of me Dustin. You're more detailed on your national build thread and less detailed on your local build thread. [emoji23]

Like I said on our local forum, clean build man. Looks sharp!

OP
OP
D

dustint21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s good to hear! I am still waiting for my big ticket item to come in from Black Friday sales !
Mine came fast! What are you still waiting for?
Really looking nice, love the rockscape! You are a ways ahead of me but I hope to start catching up this weekend!
Thanks! I will be watching! Good luck this weekend!
You do the opposite of me Dustin. You're more detailed on your national build thread and less detailed on your local build thread. [emoji23]

Like I said on our local forum, clean build man. Looks sharp!

Lol well local people can come see it in person... that’s my excuse anyways!
Thanks again bud much appreciated coming from you!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 156 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back