The most high tech automated reef vs the most simple closest to zero equipment possible

bigkamp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s up guys newb here... again... lol asking questions there’s probably a thread for already but this one is more of a personal choice type question or poll... can us newbs get a peek at the set ups you guys are running like full access pull back photos with close ups of The Who what when where’s and most importantly for us newbs the whys.... and the same for the most low tech minimal equipment setups same photos and questions/descriptions above... pictures are worth a thousand words and the why u use stuff would help us newbs a lot that is in advance

Fakegolfnews

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lowest tech is rock, sand, return pump and a light. You dont even need a heater in some places of the country.

Its pretty uncommon to not run some other filtration like; filter floss/filter sock to filter out the big stuff. Then some chemical and biological filtration like chemiclean an purigen. Thats a pretty low tech, low cost setup that worked well for me when i was new. I didnt even test the water, just did a big eaterchange every week. I will say tho when i started resting and dosing alk/calc my growth went crazy and colors got better

Another thing that almost everyone has is a powerhead of some sort to move more water around in the tank. I didnt have one and was fine, although it would have benefited from more flow.

Thats a good idea of the "low tech" side. Ill let someone else explain the high tech high side.

Good luck

Attachments

• 20200909_171653.jpg
    20200909_171653.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 20

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

• I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Other.

Back