The Neptune Systems Apex 1Link module - Possible accessory combos

OfficeReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While building my freshwater and saltwater auto-mix and change station, I decided to pick up an Apex 1Link module. For those that own one, would you have any pics or stories to share?

I'm looking at connecting my EB832 with EL control unit and ATKv2 via the Aquabus USB cable to the 1Link, where I will then leverage all of its ports and move some items directly from my EB832 where they are now. To begin, I will be connecting the 24VDC power supply along with one USB on the 1Link to a Trident then to a DOS (I have a 2nd if I can use it), along with the 24VDC 1/4 solenoid for RODI and a 2nd PMUP to deliver water to the ATO on occasion or instead to empty if water change was done. I'm going to use the other USB from the 1Link and connect the FMM that was there before, using an optical sensor or two along with contact sensors for any leaks.

Welcome other feedback, uses, images and stories. Thanks!

OP
OP
OfficeReefer

OfficeReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang. I was hoping I could could the 1Link module as an expander of sorts, that would permit me to run a single 1Link from the EB832 into the 1Link Accessory module, allowing me to use other items without individual power supplies. Unless someone has done this?

I was hoping to extend the 1Link port into two others and two accessory items with no access to power. I do happen to have one tiny power supply for the FMM routed into that cabinet but there is no power inside of it.

ZombieEngineer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang. I was hoping I could could the 1Link module as an expander of sorts, that would permit me to run a single 1Link from the EB832 into the 1Link Accessory module, allowing me to use other items without individual power supplies. Unless someone has done this?

I was hoping to extend the 1Link port into two others and two accessory items with no access to power. I do happen to have one tiny power supply for the FMM routed into that cabinet but there is no power inside of it.
The 1link needs to be plugged into a power supply and connected over aquabus.

OP
OP
OfficeReefer

OfficeReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great. So I guess I should toss the 1Link entirely and repair this extra EB832. Makes more sense as it can power everything with a single power cable. I presume I can link two EB units together via USB?

ZombieEngineer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great. So I guess I should toss the 1Link entirely and repair this extra EB832. Makes more sense as it can power everything with a single power cable. I presume I can link two EB units together via USB?
The 1link still works if you need the extra 24V or 1link ports. That module does require a power supply to be plugged in for the 1link module to supply the 24V.

If you also need outlets in addition to the extra 24V and 1link ports, EB832 is better.

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Or use the 1Link and have a backup EB on hand. I’ve never needed one, but backups are never bad.

Back