The One Reef

JFinlay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey thanks so much! Its do for an update soon actually lol. There is only three cons I have with the overall system while not a dealbreaker by any means for me it might be for some.

1. To not VOID the warranty for waterbox you cannot drill into the stand.
-Its made it difficult to do a nice custom manifold with the hard piping versus soft tubing which I will probably end up doing creatively lol and hanging things hasnt been easy.

2. The stand is pretty much filled with Sump and ATO reservoir.
-They made the decision to have large socks area to be replaceable with a filter roller. The fuge and skimmer area is pretty large which is nice but all space is compensating for something else so it kinda cancels each other out.

3.This is probably the most controversial thing to date with atleast the Infinia systems from waterbox.
- This isnt a huge deal for me but it is for a TON of people. The overflow is not quite as some would like. The plumbing is like right in a grey area for the overflow box. the main drain is Kinda a little too tall and the emergency drain is too close to weir teeth of the overflow.

I have spent a long time dialing it in to where its almost silent. I did this and it became loud in the sump refugium baffle but once it runs for a while both quieten down considerably. Some have went to lengths of modifying the emergency drain with two 45 degree elbows. Which Im not sure if it voids warranty but likely.
Very good info. I have read about number 3 and number 2 was something I noticed that really turned me off as well. I could do with the sump being 12 inches or so shorter to fit more controllers. My plan is to just make a separate control box right next to the tank.

Also pretty crazy one drill hole would void a whole warranty. Go figure I guess! I just called tank installers/movers because mine is going downstairs. Any plans for a “tang gang” that was my whole reason for going with this over the 150.4

OP
OP
tomtheturkey

tomtheturkey

Reef Wizard
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very good info. I have read about number 3 and number 2 was something I noticed that really turned me off as well. I could do with the sump being 12 inches or so shorter to fit more controllers. My plan is to just make a separate control box right next to the tank.

Also pretty crazy one drill hole would void a whole warranty. Go figure I guess! I just called tank installers/movers because mine is going downstairs. Any plans for a “tang gang” that was my whole reason for going with this over the 150.4
My stock list changes frequently lol I cant have everything but as of right now two tangs is the limit im going to attempt

OP
OP
tomtheturkey

tomtheturkey

Reef Wizard
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Shade over the Reefi's

Morning,

Reefi Uno Pro 2.0's
I have added three Reefi's to the tank. They are very powerful and beautiful lights. They are making tons of algae growth despite running peak 45 watts. So we will soon get some Clean up crew added to combat the algae. I am having a difficult time taking photos from my android that look decent with the lights I don't have any sort of orange lenses just my S22 Ultra but, the only CON I have with them is there is some disco effect with light channels configured a certain way...

Reefi.jpg

The Shading
...ok so the back to the disco effect I was talking about. I used fusion 360 and made a Shade for the Reefi's printed on my Prusa 3D printer. I went to Lowes and bought a simple LED diffuser (Brittle stuff by the way) and slotted into my creation. I am going to include a before and after video clip of what I mean. Its hard to capture the improvement on camera but trust me its a TON better. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

P.S. Can you spot the fisher cat?
Shades on.jpg

shade_close.jpg

Before

After

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 8.5%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 35 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 133 66.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 10 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.0%
Back