The Optimal Light Spectrum in a Reef Aquarium

Nonya

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are relying on graphs made by others to make a point. How about you stick your camera under water at 3 meters, and a white board and take a picture. Or even better get down there with the white board and open your eyes and see what that board looks like!
Well, digital cameras always pick up the blue, as you know. By adjusting the white balance using the white board as a reference, the camera would artificially adjust the colors to reduce the massive presence of blue, and enhance the red that has already been largely filtered out by the water. Also, the distance between the camera and the board adds to the level of red light absorption, so 3 meters plus the distance from the camera to the board = total red absorption.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought the point was that without artificial lighting, filtration, or digital processing, the photos below just a few feet are predominantly blue, and the red is completely gone. Wasn't that the purpose of the "discussion"?
Both of which have been shown to be false even though you are trying to cling to that lie

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Filtered,modified film? For what purpose?
This is what the reefs look like every time I have suba, or rebreather dove them...

Nonya

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol is it? Anything that doesn't support your false claims is filtered huh .
Here's another

Anybody filming underwater who wants to reduce or eliminate blue saturation uses red filters over the lens, digital processing (white balance), and/or post processing. Otherwise, they look like this:

turtle.jpg

before-after-underwater.jpg

SCIENCE

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody filming underwater who wants to reduce or eliminate blue saturation uses red filters over the lens, digital processing (white balance), and/or post processing. Otherwise, they look like this:

turtle.jpg

before-after-underwater.jpg

SCIENCE
Have you ever once been down and actually seen a reef with your own eyes?

I honestly believe you have not and only assume you know what they look like

Does anyone else notice the color correction? Pretty obvious to me.

It's called moving closer to the corals lol, and if you notice the corals are more brown and yellow due to the natural sunlight! Look at the fish in comparison. And the shimmer of the direct sunlight, but go ahead and keep living in your blue saturated dreams

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back