The Other Way to Run a Reef Tank (no Quarantine)

NS Mike D

In the arena.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have that as Friday in my calendar. Looking forward to seeing your presentation and meeting you. Are you going to light the speaking are with some of your steam pipe work?

James5214

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tomorrow I am speaking at the Long Island Reefers association. I went to one of there meetings probably in the 80s so I am sure no one recognizes me even though I have not changed a bit :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

I always said that quarantined, or medicated fish don't live as long as normal fish and there are very few, old fully quarantined tanks. I will discuss the scientific principles of that at the meeting. I have learned some this year by attending talks on the subject with Humans but many of the principals extend to fish.

Hint: It has to do with stress. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Good luck Paul! Have fun

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tomorrow I am speaking at the Long Island Reefers association. I went to one of there meetings probably in the 80s so I am sure no one recognizes me even though I have not changed a bit :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

I always said that quarantined, or medicated fish don't live as long as normal fish and there are very few, old fully quarantined tanks. I will discuss the scientific principles of that at the meeting. I have learned some this year by attending talks on the subject with Humans but many of the principals extend to fish.

Sounds like a great time! I'd love to hear you speak at an event sometime.

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

No need to get STRESSED ;) Paul, you will be just fine. Beware of the none believers you know how some fail to see the light. Hope there are no suspicious packages in the place and all those attending are checked out and search before entering.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

By any chance are you going to have a video made?

dennis romano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

For you, it shouldn't be a problem. Just imagine everyone in the audience naked, or naked supermodels.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Are you going to light the speaking are with some of your steam pipe work?
LOL almost all my Steampunk works are on display in the Riverhead library and the rest are in a gallery in Jamesport.

I doubt a video will be made and I don't know how to do that. I am not as famous as Nancy Pelosi. :oops:
If I see Steven Spielberg on my way there I may give him a couple of bucks to film the event. :grinning-squinting-face:

No need to get STRESSED ;) Paul, you will be just fine.
I didn't mean I will be stressed. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: I have spoken a number of times and remember I was a Sergeant in Nam where I spoke to tough guys with weapons and I can count on one hand how many times someone threw a grenade at me and a General foreman on very large construction sites in Manhattan for many years and I spoke all the time to large crowds of mostly burly men with a big portion of them carrying cro bars and sledge hammers so I am not worried. They almost never hit me with those things :oops:

I have spoken at fish clubs 5 or 6 times and I speak on Veterans day to large crowds. I can talk the fuzz off a peach or stand next to the Pope and speak about sea urchins so usually people have to put a bag over my head to stop me. :confused-face:

Beware of the none believers you know how some fail to see the light. Hope there are no suspicious packages in the place and all those attending are checked out and search before entering.
I am not going to convince anyone to do anything. It's just a fun night but it will be late and I am old so they may have to prod me once or twice to wake me up.

I am hiring the FBI to check for explosive devices hidden in dried porcupine fish disguised as light fixtures. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

PS today is my anniversary....49 years married to the same Woman. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Last edited:

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
LOL almost all my Steampunk works are on display in the Riverhead library and the rest are in a gallery in Jamesport.

I doubt a video will be made and I don't know how to do that. I am not as famous as Nancy Pelosi. :oops:
If I see Steven Spielberg on my way there I may give him a couple of bucks to film the event. :grinning-squinting-face:

I didn't mean I will be stressed. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: I have spoken a number of times and remember I was a Sergeant in Nam where I spoke to tough guys with weapons and I can count on one hand how many times someone threw a grenade at me and a General foreman on very large construction sites in Manhattan for many years and I spoke all the time to large crowds of mostly burly men with a big portion of them carrying cro bars and sledge hammers so I am not worried. They almost never hit me with those things :oops:

I have spoken at fish clubs 5 or 6 times and I speak on Veterans day to large crowds. I can talk the fuzz off a peach or stand next to the Pope and speak about sea urchins so usually people have to put a bag over my head to stop me. :confused-face:

I am not going to convince anyone to do anything. It's just a fun night but it will be late and I am old so they may have to prod me once or twice to wake me up.

I am hiring the FBI to check for explosive devices hidden in dried porcupine fish disguised as light fixtures. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

PS today is my anniversary....49 years married to the same Woman. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Are you going to have it videoed?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No, I don't know how to do that but if I meet Steven Spielberg on my way there I will ask him to film it. :)
I wondered if one of the people at the conference was videoing it:). Might be nice.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no idea.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The meeting was last night but I don't know if anyone video'd it. I don't think so but it was fun. I think I spoke for an hour. :p

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jmsilhy, I lived a Blessed life so far and am very glad the Supermodel I married said yes to a Lug Nut like me. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Great wife, great Daughter and 2 fantastic Grand Kids. :) What else could I strive for? :cool:

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got ich in my tank don't bother my fish what so ever my powder blue tang and purple tang had it once since then never had it again this was like 7 months ago when i introduced my goldflake angel i don't QT eather

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had Covid twice and it didn't bother me either. Actually the last time I tested positive for Covid, I felt better than I had in years. :D

The disease seems to have lost a lot of it's steam but unfortunately, when it first came out one of my closest friends died from it and I will always miss him.

He is in the back here with the black Viet Nam Veteran hat on next to me. He was helping me move in here to our new home.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back