The Perfect Algae Clip

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite algae clip is Ocean Nutrition's clip, because it holds the quarter sheets of nori perfectly in it's large jaw. However, I'm not crazy about the suction cup holder. I've had these for years and actually did a little fix on them when the square plastic hinges broke, and replaced them with short sections of 1/2 CPVC pipe, with a slit....that now acted like a hinge....actually better than the original hinge. I also have Two-Little-Fishes algae clips, but don't use them because the jaw portion is too small....however, I like the magnet attachment portion.

When I went to feed algae today, one of my Ocean Nutrition clips had a torn suction cup....darn! I didn't want to simply throw it away, so I thought I'd try to see if the magnet portion of the Two Little Fishes would fit into the Ocean Nutrition clip....here are the original clips:

Two Algae Clips.jpg

Suction cup pulled right off.....magnet portion popped off....and.....new clip:

New Algae Clip.jpg

Now what to do with the Two Little Fishes clip.....maybe use it to hold papers together. o_O

And here's the perfect algae clip....large jaw to hold the nori just right.....with a magnet holder! :D

New Algae Clip with Nori.jpg

OP
OP
redfishbluefish

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, that didn't take long. Walking through the kitchen back into the fish room, I found a use for the Two Little Fishes clip......perfect! :eek::D:D:D

Bag Clip.jpg

Dondante

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TLF mega clip magnet is just awesome. I find the clip to not be so tight holding the nori. Almost like the spring is weak. Maybe it's just mine?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back