The Pinocchio Of Tangs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Nutramar Foods

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Black Long Nose Tangs feed on the micro and macro algae that grows on the reef and all the small creatures that live on or in it as well. The diet should consist of quality frozen foods, flakes and pellets mixed with regular access to fresh or freeze-dried algae. A quality, nutritious food like Nutramar's “Complete” or “Algae Color Boost” shots is an incredibly important aspect of keeping these (and any zebrasoma healthy). The primary problem people have with Zebrasoma tangs is nutrition.

The Longnose Tang, sometimes called the Black Tang or Black Longnose Tang, (Zebrasoma rostratum) is a member of the family Acanthuridae, which we know better as “tangs” or “surgeonfishes.” Surgeonfishes gain this title from the scalpel like spine found on the caudal peduncle (part of the fish that narrows as the body meets the tail). These are gorgeous fish, capable of getting to around nine inches long, and can show some light blue highlights but are mostly black, or sometimes very dark brown or gray, except for the spine on the caudal peduncle (what a fun word!) which is white! Read More Here

Black Longnose Tang.jpg

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 49 34.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 37 25.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 29 20.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 27 18.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back