The power of helping one another! A reminder about what makes this reef community great!

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard the same thing. Saltwater tanks were only for rich people and were next to impossible to keep. Growing up, we were friends with a wealthy family who had a FOWLer in their living room and that was really novel and showed their affluence. They had a company that came out and took care of the tank. So, it never seemed like anything that would ever be possible for me and I think that's a real pity because I've had so much enjoyment from my tanks.

I think nano tanks and AIO's really helped change things so that having a saltwater tank became more of an option for "regular" people. It's certainly not the only option to do a tank on a budget, but it makes the hobby much less intimidating to start...and I think that's a good thing.
I agree
I don’t like to say there are “regular people or separate anyone by Income or class .
Everyone is equal in my mind and everyone has the choice to be anything they way .
Driving a Porsche compared to a Toyota doesn’t make one better .

I’ve read in old Facebook fish keeping groups where those that kept freshwater tanks were less than or their tanks were “ crud ) compared to the saltwater
Which is not right

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard the same thing. Saltwater tanks were only for rich people and were next to impossible to keep. Growing up, we were friends with a wealthy family who had a FOWLer in their living room and that was really novel and showed their affluence. They had a company that came out and took care of the tank. So, it never seemed like anything that would ever be possible for me and I think that's a real pity because I've had so much enjoyment from my tanks.

I think nano tanks and AIO's really helped change things so that having a saltwater tank became more of an option for "regular" people. It's certainly not the only option to do a tank on a budget, but it makes the hobby much less intimidating to start...and I think that's a good thing.
Every system I’ve had . I’ve built the sumps and even went with cheaper pumps and wave makers ( jeabo )
Cost Invested doesn’t determine what you will end up with .

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank man...I appreciate the shout out, means a lot!

Stateline is no slouch when it comes to helping others. He was very helpful for all the annoying questions I pmd him on my new tank. I see him helping out others all the time and he pretends like he doesn't have a big heart...but he has a huge heart. I'm not one to tell secrets but this one's out of the bag..lol. Thanks for being a straight up solid guy!
j-jonah-jameson-slander.gif

Rennurdoar

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
@billyocean @Thuan @SBB Corals @Rennurdoar @steveschuerger @pandaparties @Nate Chalk @fishguy242 @Lost in the Sauce @Battlecorals @wes84 @Mhamilton0911 @Gtinnel @F i s h y

Any one of the Cronies, or the Battlecorals crew, or SBB liveslackers (Corals Admittedly). You know I got you.... and I see you out there doing great things for everybody.

You're one of the best @StatelineReefer you give and help always. You inspire us to do better, just like our little community. When we see someone in need, we try to help out as much as we can. Be it frags sent, equipment sent, just general advice and help. And you're one of the top people to help whenever it's needed! It definitely is nice to see such kindness still going on in the world! Oh yeah, Corals Admittedly for life! Hahaha

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#Cronies
#MODS
#fishmedic
#reefsqaud
#everyone ... ;) :)
Thank you FRIENDS
#Cronies r2r express. That was a fun weekend.

00W

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Townes_Van_Camp
@fishguy242
Thanks for keeping the hobby real but not so serious.
Look forward to what you two have to say every day and it makes my long hard work days better.
Thanks.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
@billyocean @Thuan @SBB Corals @Rennurdoar @steveschuerger @pandaparties @Nate Chalk @fishguy242 @Lost in the Sauce @Battlecorals @wes84 @Mhamilton0911 @Gtinnel @F i s h y

Any one of the Cronies, or the Battlecorals crew, or SBB liveslackers (Corals Admittedly). You know I got you.... and I see you out there doing great things for everybody.
Love the community R2R creates and especially the mini Corals Admittedly community created here. Lots of love and help from everyone, especially for a hobby with so much knowledge to learn and so many ups and downs.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I appreciate all of you who work each day to help others! You guys rock!!

mosreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate @vetteguy53081 and @Jay Hemdal (not sure if I’m typing that correctly to tag) I know I can count on them to help diagnose various fish diseases and they have both saved numerous fishy lives in my qt tanks. So thankful for them!

Also the most valuable part of r2r for me is the search function - if I have a question, most likely someone else has asked it before, and there is a treasure trove of advice going back many years.

So while I may not post much, I am here multiple times a day searching, and benefiting from all the wisdom deposited here. Thank you all!!

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate @fishguy242 so lets show em some love and that we care

Debramb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Monday, Reef2Reefers! Here's a little motivation for your Monday!

Today, I want to celebrate the joy we experience when helping one another as a reefkeeping community. One thing that has always stood out to me about the reefing community is the way in which this community comes around one another to help each other. IMO this is something that really sets us apart as a community--our willingness to share knowledge, offer advice, and inspire each other to push the boundaries of this incredible hobby. There's something powerful about this!

When we help our fellow hobbyists, we create a ripple effect of positivity throughout the community. Every little piece of advice we share, every tip we provide, and every success story we inspire contributes to a stronger and more knowledgeable group of hobbyists. Witnessing the growth and progress of others in our community is incredibly rewarding, and it fosters a sense of unity and camaraderie among us.

Furthermore, being part of a community that's committed to helping others often leads us to stretch and grow in our own reefing journey because it encourages us to stay curious and continue learning ourselves. Through interactions on this forum, we get exposed to new ideas, techniques, and perspectives, enriching our own experiences as reefkeepers. This culture of support empowers us to tackle challenges head-on and overcome any hurdles in our own advancement as hobbyists. And that's what the Reef2Reef community is all about! That's why we're here!! We exist to grow and learn together, sharing in this reefing journey as a community in ways that support, encourage, inspire, and empower one another to new heights of success!

So please continue to share your stories, ask questions, and help one another! Let's keep this conversation going! Remember, whether you're offering advice to a newcomer or learning from a veteran, every contribution counts, and it strengthens our community as a whole!

Now, I'd love to hear from all of you! What are some of your most rewarding experiences when helping other reefkeepers? Have you received helpful advice that pushed your tank to new levels of success? Or perhaps you've been inspired by someone's creative approach to reefkeeping in a way that influenced your own methods in keeping your reef? Please, make a post in this thread and share how you've experienced growth and motivation from helping others or perhaps been impacted by others who have helped you (or both)! Feel free to tag others in this thread that have been part of your reef story!

Let's keep fostering this spirit of support, kindness, and collaboration. Together, we can continue to make our Reef2Reef community an invaluable resource for all reef enthusiasts. Happy reefkeeping, everyone!
We’ve had marine Aquariums since the 80’s. Like others here I have followed for years before I joined in 2016, mostly in defense of Bristleworms lol. This has helped us understand the MANY advances in this hobby. IMO, you can never stop learning and this forum is wonderful.
Thanks to all, Debra

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 133 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.0%

Back