The power of helping one another! A reminder about what makes this reef community great!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Happy Monday, Reef2Reefers! Here's a little motivation for your Monday!

Today, I want to celebrate the joy we experience when helping one another as a reefkeeping community. One thing that has always stood out to me about the reefing community is the way in which this community comes around one another to help each other. IMO this is something that really sets us apart as a community--our willingness to share knowledge, offer advice, and inspire each other to push the boundaries of this incredible hobby. There's something powerful about this!

When we help our fellow hobbyists, we create a ripple effect of positivity throughout the community. Every little piece of advice we share, every tip we provide, and every success story we inspire contributes to a stronger and more knowledgeable group of hobbyists. Witnessing the growth and progress of others in our community is incredibly rewarding, and it fosters a sense of unity and camaraderie among us.

Furthermore, being part of a community that's committed to helping others often leads us to stretch and grow in our own reefing journey because it encourages us to stay curious and continue learning ourselves. Through interactions on this forum, we get exposed to new ideas, techniques, and perspectives, enriching our own experiences as reefkeepers. This culture of support empowers us to tackle challenges head-on and overcome any hurdles in our own advancement as hobbyists. And that's what the Reef2Reef community is all about! That's why we're here!! We exist to grow and learn together, sharing in this reefing journey as a community in ways that support, encourage, inspire, and empower one another to new heights of success!

So please continue to share your stories, ask questions, and help one another! Let's keep this conversation going! Remember, whether you're offering advice to a newcomer or learning from a veteran, every contribution counts, and it strengthens our community as a whole!

Now, I'd love to hear from all of you! What are some of your most rewarding experiences when helping other reefkeepers? Have you received helpful advice that pushed your tank to new levels of success? Or perhaps you've been inspired by someone's creative approach to reefkeeping in a way that influenced your own methods in keeping your reef? Please, make a post in this thread and share how you've experienced growth and motivation from helping others or perhaps been impacted by others who have helped you (or both)! Feel free to tag others in this thread that have been part of your reef story!

Let's keep fostering this spirit of support, kindness, and collaboration. Together, we can continue to make our Reef2Reef community an invaluable resource for all reef enthusiasts. Happy reefkeeping, everyone!

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can say after being in this community for over a year, it has been one of the most friendly and helpful communities I have been a part of. I have a good time every day I am on here, met some awesome people at conventions and truly enjoy my time in this hobby.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can honestly say I can’t point at any one specific person but as a community of very helpful and informative members
From offering my opinions posting questions when puzzled or even reading entertaining banter or debates .
It’s always been a great place to visit .

MDAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This place is awesome! Social media, not so much. Compared to FB this place is a safe haven. I follow a beginner reefkeeoing group. The title literally says beginner in the title, and people are always bashing users when they ask questions so im always trying to remind people of why these folks joined up in the first place.
But here, this place is awesome.

7of9

Resistance is Futile.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think I could have gotten into saltwater tanks if I hadn't found an online community to ask questions and explain things. I had only ever heard that saltwater tanks were incredibly expensive, complicated, and hard to do. I started reefing around 2007 and found forums then and it inspired me to try a nano tank. I'm 100 percent sure I wouldn't have tried that if it hadn't been for the people online I saw showing it could be done and being there to answer my noob questions along the way!

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am here to learn and help others when I can. The values set forth here align with my own. That is reefing with kindness and respect.
A community is only as strong as it's members, and there are a lot of kind, intelligent people here. I hope to expand my capabilities and knowledge, and grow with this community. Thanks for having me here. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Last edited:

paragrouper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This forum has saved me time, money and heartburn countless times. Every obstacle I encounter, every time the good idea fairly whispers in my ear, I can quickly find others who have faced similar experiences And determine how to proceed.

For all the times I didn’t buy that magic bottle of Insta-Cure, I thank you all.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This place is awesome! Social media, not so much. Compared to FB this place is a safe haven. I follow a beginner reefkeeoing group. The title literally says beginner in the title, and people are always bashing users when they ask questions so im always trying to remind people of why these folks joined up in the first place.
But here, this place is awesome.
Any Facebook groups I used to be part of years ago were pretty harsh when it came to opinions. .
There was always one way and all others were not even a possibility .
This was also many years ago .

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think I could have gotten into saltwater tanks if I hadn't found an online community to ask questions and explain things. I had only ever heard that saltwater tanks were incredibly expensive, complicated, and hard to do. I started reefing around 2007 and found forums then and it inspired me to try a nano tank. I'm 100 percent sure I wouldn't have tried that if it hadn't been for the people online I saw showing it could be done and being there to answer my noob questions along the way!
I had friends that owned a small lfs . We used to go in the evenings just before closing . I would ask the dumbest questions like “ why is saltwater so much harder .
Because it was slightly more expensive and said to be harder and explained at the time as next to impossible .
I bought one of their old 30gal cubes with an overflow in the centre
Built a stand for it and bought 2 clownish and an anemone .

Shortly after was a $19.99 yellow tang
My goal at the time was to prove it’s not impossible .

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your name is hard, yo... I can't remember my passwords and here you are all numbers and letters and squiggly lines.
anchorman-emotion.gif

Hahaha

7of9

Resistance is Futile.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had friends that owned a small lfs . We used to go in the evenings just before closing . I would ask the dumbest questions like “ why is saltwater so much harder .
Because it was slightly more expensive and said to be harder and explained at the time as next to impossible .
I bought one of their old 30gal cubes with an overflow in the centre
Built a stand for it and bought 2 clownish and an anemone .

Shortly after was a $19.99 yellow tang
My goal at the time was to prove it’s not impossible .
I heard the same thing. Saltwater tanks were only for rich people and were next to impossible to keep. Growing up, we were friends with a wealthy family who had a FOWLer in their living room and that was really novel and showed their affluence. They had a company that came out and took care of the tank. So, it never seemed like anything that would ever be possible for me and I think that's a real pity because I've had so much enjoyment from my tanks.

I think nano tanks and AIO's really helped change things so that having a saltwater tank became more of an option for "regular" people. It's certainly not the only option to do a tank on a budget, but it makes the hobby much less intimidating to start...and I think that's a good thing.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@billyocean @Thuan @SBB Corals @Rennurdoar @steveschuerger @pandaparties @Nate Chalk @fishguy242 @Lost in the Sauce @Battlecorals @wes84 @Mhamilton0911 @Gtinnel @F i s h y

Any one of the Cronies, or the Battlecorals crew, or SBB liveslackers (Corals Admittedly). You know I got you.... and I see you out there doing great things for everybody.
Thank man...I appreciate the shout out, means a lot!

Stateline is no slouch when it comes to helping others. He was very helpful for all the annoying questions I pmd him on my new tank. I see him helping out others all the time and he pretends like he doesn't have a big heart...but he has a huge heart. I'm not one to tell secrets but this one's out of the bag..lol. Thanks for being a straight up solid guy!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.7%
Back