OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never thought mine was worthy of its on own thread. Maybe i will give it a shot. Those Geddons are looking good. I just had to get rid of my Hippo tang because he was nipping at the skirts of some of my Zoas, especially the Armageddons. Dont know why but he got a sweet tooth for expensive zoas all of a sudden.

I've heard that a couple of times with Hippo's.. ;) didn't realize you had one...

man, your tank is way worthy of its own thread.. you've got lots of colors in there to keep for yourself.. LoLz.. share 'em.. :D hope to see your thread soon... really would love to see pics of those awesome fairies also... :)

thanks again for the Armageddons.. they had a slight recession when I left but as you can see, they're bouncing back just fine... I have about 7-8 sub adult/adult polyps and 2-3 babies.. :D

ecotoxlady

Perpetual student
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:drool: WOW! Now thats a lot of ppe!! :drool: Absolutely gorgeous collection Marvin!

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:drool: WOW! Now thats a lot of ppe!! :drool: Absolutely gorgeous collection Marvin!

:)

Thanks..

man, there's a thread over at MI Reefers where my friend dropped the bomb and showed his PPE colony of about 100+... and I know his back up colony is bigger than my main colony.. LoLz... I had to wipe the drool of my keyboard after seeing it.. someday?!?

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
alright guys... I need some inputs from you guys...

I was going through the morphs I decided to keep and I was wondering what you guys will do if you are in my shoes... will you mix and match the colors of your zoas or would you stick to keeping all the colors together?

I'm trying to visualize how my tank should look like but got stuck with that question... I will greatly appreciate your input...

Thanks...

Raptor

Angel Of Death
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give me one of every morph and i'll build a layout for you to follow in my fuge.;)
I would keep it simple. Mix and match.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mix and Match!

ecotoxlady

Perpetual student
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd love to see what those look like khuzong!

Marvin, not to follow the crowd but I'd say mix and match too :)

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4 points for mix and match layout
0 point for together layout

mix and match....

looks like you have enough rastas.....:)
yeah.. they started taking off when I was on vacation.. LoLz... I'll still hook you up with some Mandarins later on.. I'm sure we can work out something for a trade... :)

24. Grimace PE

I can help you with these if you want em :)
Thanks man... actually, I have them already, just need to color up a little bit more... they should be in full effect in a month...

Thanks again to all that voted... so far, it's unanimous to go for mix and match.. this will fun.. I'm just letting the main frags grow out a little more and then I'll move stuff around... I'm looking to re-arrange the tank in early summer... I should have a better aquascaping by then... :)

fishes2889

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ever since i fragged them(rastas) into 2 frags evenly one has taken off and one has stayed stagnant.....both together in the same position....weird?

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5 points for mix and match layout
0 point for together layout

--------------------------------------
good stuff Steve... keep those guys growing... :D

berns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice tank marv and i understand your plight in looking messy, i myself am looking at glass boxes to build my new zoa/paly tank and im struggling with wat size tank to have myself.

can i ask you the size of your tank in your pictures ie length/width/height etc

ive seen some nice Aqua One tanks here with curved front corners (front and ends = single piece of glass bent/curved at corners), there are various sizes in length but im thinking of having a 32" long/18" wide/24" high,

but if in time it might get too crowded so may be better going for the 40" long

im visualising an open rock structure using branch and plating rock to be home for lots small colonies (30x polyps) on large shells and colonies growing on some shapely branch twigs and small branch logs etc

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice tank marv and i understand your plight in looking messy, i myself am looking at glass boxes to build my new zoa/paly tank and im struggling with wat size tank to have myself.

can i ask you the size of your tank in your pictures ie length/width/height etc

ive seen some nice Aqua One tanks here with curved front corners (front and ends = single piece of glass bent/curved at corners), there are various sizes in length but im thinking of having a 32" long/18" wide/24" high,

but if in time it might get too crowded so may be better going for the 40" long

im visualising an open rock structure using branch and plating rock to be home for lots small colonies (30x polyps) on large shells and colonies growing on some shapely branch twigs and small branch logs etc

sounds like a plan... :)

size of the tank and other info can be found on the first page.. :D

Thanks again for the kudos..

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 21.1%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 165 72.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 4.8%
Back