• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

The Rok Citi Coralz Growout Extraviganza!!!

OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fed them last night and most responded well. Fnf Goku doesn't look too hot from the stress of shipping but hopefully it will hold on and turn around to better health. My miami, RF flamethrower, Pink flame (a little stressed) and the Tiger lily(mystery???) all ate and are looking good. The other watermelons and freebie chalice weren't hungry :( They might not be eaters but of course I'll try again tonight. Acan freebie looks great but there was a freebie sps blue hoeki that didn't make it. The stress from shipping and getting loose from the plug was too much for it. It's too bad because it was such a beautiful color. That's it for today.

P.S. I never saw the big deal about the my miami but it is a very sweet looking watermelon. The orange eyes are so bright on it. Even stressed out, it's a very special piece.

Last edited:

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Defiently great lookin gems we have there guys saw them recently and all seemed well Frank I now you will take care of that goku like if it were your own baby dude can't wait to get that next shipment

OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything is eating good and looking healthy except for the goku. There has been receding on it and I'm hoping that it will turn around and survive, the next few days should give us an answer. They are all light acclimated and will hopefully start coloring up nicely. No new growth or changes so I won't take new photos until next week when the rest of the shipment comes in. Water changes every week on Thurs and testing for ca, mg, alk, and ph on saturday mornings. That's all for now :bigsmile:

OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Test results from last saturday cal=450, alk 8 - 8.5, mag. 1350 and ph was 7.9 salinity 1.027 temp 81

Salty Dog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this was like a gift. I met frank when he posted a few chalice frags for sale and me and the wife whent to hisplace and met himand his family. Quickly I knewFrank was /is an honest good guy. We started speeking daily and become friends. We both agree'ed to do this grow out, my first. Grow outs are great both to meet good people and get your favorite corals cheep.

Thanks for everything Frank

Bill :bigsmile:

OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here are some of the chalices eating and a couple of mine going to town too.

100_0833.jpg

100_0831.jpg

100_0832.jpg

100_0834.jpg

second eye forming on this one :)
100_0835.jpg

100_0840.jpg

100_0844.jpg

100_0845.jpg

100_0843.jpg

OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this was like a gift. I met frank when he posted a few chalice frags for sale and me and the wife whent to hisplace and met himand his family. Quickly I knewFrank was /is an honest good guy. We started speeking daily and become friends. We both agree'ed to do this grow out, my first. Grow outs are great both to meet good people and get your favorite corals cheep.

Thanks for everything Frank

Bill :bigsmile:

No problem at all. Yeah, I was actually going to buy a few of these pieces for my own collection and was selling stuff to raise the money. That's when Bill and his family stopped by to pick up some frags. We got to talking and one thing led to another. Then a couple of days after I met lps. Both guys are really good people and I figured, what the heck. The 3 of us started shopping around for the group buy, talking every day and planning it out. Before we knew it, we brought in a 4th member (Dan) and started to roll with it. We're still planning on adding to the group buy and communicate on a daily basis. It's a lot of fun and I recommend a group buy if you haven't done one yet. Just find the right people and take it from there.

gonewild34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i cant believe how smooth this grow out has gone frank did alot of work to make it this easy it has been alot of fun with all the guys in the growout its nice to meet a great group of guys like this cant wait to add to this

Salty Dog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when the pieces are ready for pick up, why not we all meet either here or another members house ( franks). That way we can all meet each other grap some lunch and exchange our frags. Then get ready for the next grow out :bigsmile:

OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the perfect place. A nice korean barbeque rest. by me. Sit down, they set up your complimentery apetizers, order your beer and they cook up the beef + chicken right at your table. Delicious stuff. Only mistake that my wife and I made was ordering all our food as soon as we sat down. The meats cook so fast and were so delicious that 15 minutes later, dinner was over :squigglemouth: A little pricey but well worth it.

sexycorals

Bringing Sexy BACK!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been dealing with frank for a longgggggg time. You guys are in good hands.. Good going boys!!!

As far as Kien .... Ehhhhhhh .. I'm
Playing. We mess around and talk alot of crap but hes got a nice collection and very sexy corals!

OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been dealing with frank for a longgggggg time. You guys are in good hands.. Good going boys!!!

As far as Kien .... Ehhhhhhh .. I'm
Playing. We mess around and talk alot of crap but hes got a nice collection and very sexy corals!

Thanks Mike! A few of your beauties are represented in this growout. Can't wait for the sexy pink flame to grow out (just a baby now) and the sexy rainbow party is one of my faves. I'll also be adding the sexy flamethrower favia I'm expecting from you to the list. I'm sure the guys will love it.

Salty Dog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the perfect place. A nice korean barbeque rest. by me. Sit down, they set up your complimentery apetizers, order your beer and they cook up the beef + chicken right at your table. Delicious stuff. Only mistake that my wife and I made was ordering all our food as soon as we sat down. The meats cook so fast and were so delicious that 15 minutes later, dinner was over :squigglemouth: A little pricey but well worth it.

that sounds great.

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tell you this growout is gettin better by the minute guys Frank you the man buddy

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 31 36.5%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 14 16.5%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back