• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

The Rok Citi Coralz Growout Extraviganza!!!

OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
041-8.jpg

044-6.jpg

036-4.jpg

035-10.jpg

028-9.jpg

027-5.jpg

021-13.jpg

022-8.jpg

021-13.jpg

OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update. I've been testing my water every few days and will continue to do so until I can get a conrtroller and a good dosing pump. Everything has been steady and most of the pieces that are in the growout are doing great. There are a couple of exceptions however. The setting sun replacement has been doing poorly since it's been added to my tank. I've had it shaded since day 1 but it is still doing poorly. Right now I'm just waiting on Bill to come by and pick it up before it deteriorates any further. You guys can have my share of that piece. It's been nothing but heartache since the beginning and is a very low light chalice (I hate all low lighters). The snakeskin chalice partially bleached on me but for the life of me I can't figure out why. It was getting the same amount of light it's always been under. Good news about that is it's alive, just lost it's color. Bill has the other half just in case but I'm 99percent sure it will color back up. The last one that has been hanging on is the strawberry watermelon freebie we got from Jorge a few months back. It was doing well and growing (it was super tiny to begin with) but receded a couple of months ago and is the same size as it was when it arrived. All the others are doing fantastic. I'm hoping by this summer that most of these will be cut and distributed to everyone. JC cigars orange sherbert is ready to be cut and given to everyone. I'll be giving Bill two frags of it, one for him and Dan.

OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
036-5.jpg

032-6.jpg

031-4.jpg

013-14.jpg

014-16.jpg

I estimate that the viron flame, my miami, tangerine dreams, fnf goku, rainbow magic, sc flamethrower favia and firecracker/masterpiece chalice will be able to be distributed to everyone in another two months, give or take. This depends on how the growth is doing on Bills' end (my miami and firecracker are the only ones he doesn't have a piece of). Bill sent me some pics last week that I have to download so hopefully I can do that tonight or tomorrow. Still waiting for that third eye to pop up on the bahama mama. It's growing so freeking slowly, it's maddening.

Last edited:
OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updated several are distributed and all done, a couple of others are dead. Some i have no idea since there hasn't been any recent updates.

Reef Odessey Pinstripe chalice (Jai)
Wet Thumb Frags Holy Grail Chalice (bill) Dead
Wet Thumb Frags Avatar Chalice (bill)
Wet thumb Frags Pink Panther sps (bill)
Klr Isle Eyes (freebie) (Dan)
Red Rum Ultra Wm (Bill)
Firecracker Chalice (me)
Thunder and Lightening (Dan)
Setting Sun (Bill).
Convict (Frank) Dead
Tangerine Dreams (Frank+Bill)
Strawberry wm (Frank)
Blue Magic (Frank) dead
Bay Corals Planet Earth (bill) recovering
Jason Fox 4 color Watermelon (Dan) ???
Jason Fox Wounder Woman (Dan) ???
Jason Fox Firefox (Dan) doing great, good grower
Reef oddysey AfterMath (Dan) colored up nice, medium grower
Matrix (snipersps) (Frank) Dead
Bahama Mama (Frank) doing good, eating and growing
My Miami (Frank) looking good
Orange Immolation (Jai) Dead
Rainbow Magic (Frank and Bill) doing good, now 3 eyes
Doomsday (Bill) doing good, very slow grower
Strawberry Orange Sherbert (Dan + Frank + Jai + Bill) ALL DONE
arc Wanted (Frank + Bill) doing good, slow growing
FnF Goku (Frank+Bill) doing great, 3 eyes
Sexy Corals Pink Flame wm (Frank) doing good, 2 eyes.
Sexy Corals Rainbow Party (Dan + Frank + Bill + Jai) All Done
Reef fanatics flamethrower (Bill) doing great, mini colony
JC orange sherbert (Frank + Jai) doing good, slow growing
WWC Subzero Watermelon (Dan + Bill + Jai + Frank) All done
WWC Diablo (Dan) looking good
WWC Purple Pillow wm (Bill)
WWC Space Ghost wm (Dan + Bill) doing great
WWC Situation wm (Dan + Bill) doing great
WWC Stardust (Dan + Bill) doing good
WWC Fanta (bill) doing good
WWC Yellow Submarine (bill) doing good
OG golden banshee Deadc
crazy swirl watermelon (Bill)
Rainbow Nebula (Dan + Bill)
Cornbred Bubble gum (Dan)
TEC Watermelon (Dan + Frank + Jai + Bill) all done
goldrush chalice (Frank + bill) doing good, slow grower
Disco Inferno chalice (Dan + Frank + Bill)
Reefkoi Viron Flame (Frank + Bill) both frags are doing great and growing fast
Reefkoi Red Rimmed Chalice (Frank) doing good
Reefkoi Green envy (Jai) doing good
Snakeskin Chalice (Frank + Bill) doing good
Gonewild flame thrower (Dan)
Elite reefs Doppel Ganger Dead
Alien Landings chalice (Dan) doing good
Wild unamed colony from me (Bill) Dead
Reefkoi Golden Eye Freebie chalice (Dan)

Purple poison Palys (dead)
Peachy Keen Palys (Jai)
Sexy corals Flamethrower Favia (Frank) doing good, slow grower
Sexy corals Purple war coral (Jai)

Last edited:
OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HOLY COW that's a lot of corals. What was the price per person/how many people?

Lost count on how much it's cost us. 4 of us all together. Depressing that we suffered deaths along the way but thankfully after almost a year, we are very close to being done with the rest of them and the ones that did die were not that bad since they the losses were split between 4 of us. I'd say in 2-3 months, more than half of the growout will be distributed. Another 2 months after that and we should be done with everything.

OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting ready to cut these bad boys in 3-4 more weeks. These pics were taken while feeding so they look a little different than usual.

013-16.jpg

011-19.jpg

052-6.jpg

043-10.jpg

042-6.jpg

006-21.jpg

These pieces are growing at a very slow rate. Very frustrating.

026-8.jpg

019-16.jpg

028-10.jpg

arc wanted, nice and healthy but not growing too fast either. May take another 3+ months to grow out before we can all get a piece.

014-18.jpg

And sorry to say but the snakeskin chalice that I was holding on to is now completely bleached. I've got it in the shade in hopes that it will come back. thankfully I had cut this piece months ago and Bill has the other half. hopefully his is fairing better. also the strawberry watermelon freebie we got from Jorge is still smaller than a booger. I saw progress on it, the recession and finally it's a speck. Regardless, because of the size it came in, it would have taken years (no lie) to grow out between us. still alive but very doubtful at this point. any others I mentioned and didn't include in the photos are doing well. It's just hard to take pics of them since they are in a different section of my tank.

OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dan made me aware that I left out the uc halloween from the updated list (Dan has it and it has grown nicely). sucks that I have to keep writing it over because of the no editing ability.

OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First of all I hope everyone is doing well. I know I've said it before but I'll say it again anyway, we need updates guys, at least once a month with the names of the chalice and the growth progress. No one else has updated in 2 months time. I'm sure everyone would like to know how the chalices are doing. many other growouts are falling apart because of no communication so let's keep up with this one. Bill please let me know which of the chalices that I marked as almost ready are doing in your system? I'd love to coordinate cuts or if you want you can drop off what's ready to my place and I can cut. My goal is to see a nice exchange of pieces for the manhattan swap and knock off several for good. what's the date of that anyway?. Ok back to the fun part :) Here's some pics I shot today.

goldrush - 2 eyes, i estimate I can cut it in half maybe 2-4 weeks time.

130-2.jpg

Sexy corals flamethrower Favia - big enough to cut in 2-3 weeks in half.

100-1.jpg

WWC rainbow Magic - 2 eyes ready to cut in half 2-3 weeks.
083-4.jpg

Reefkoi Viron Flame - ready to cut the extra eye in 2 weeks.

056-10.jpg

Here's the frag I cut a couple of months ago

078-3.jpg

My Miami - I was contimplating cutting it in half but I think I'll keep growing this out and cut into 4 when it grows more. estimate is 6-8 weeks before I can cut.

074-2.jpg

FnF goku - ready to cut in half in 2-3 weeks 1 eye, another growing in.

070-5.jpg

Arc Wanted - 3-4 eyes, maybe more. ready to cut in half in 4-6 weeks

069.jpg

JF tangerine Dreams - will be ready to cut into 3 seperate frags in about 2-3 weeks.

055-7.jpg

snakeskin - sorry guys but the piece over here completely bleached, there's still some flesh so I'm hoping for the best. I hope the piece on your end is doing well Bill, then at least it won't be lost.

008-20.jpg

Bahama mama still only 2 eyes, very slooowww growth.

045-11.jpg

Firecracker chalice - this is a picture from last week. It's doing great and should be ready to cut into 4 pieces in 4-6 weeks.

020-16.jpg

sexy fame this one is still small and a slow grower. sorry but it won't be ready for a few more months.

021-14.jpg

red rimmed rainbow - this one has been a very slow grower and stuck at 3 eyes for the longest. plus the frag itself is still kind of small. won't be ready for a couple of months, maybe more.

007-24.jpg

Last edited:

gonewild34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i tryed to do a complete update but i dropped the camera in the water and now the camera is done (wife is ******) but i got the card dried it off and it did upload what i got to that point so here we go
thunder and lightening chalice slowed down on the growth but healthy i am goin to cut it down the middle and have some one else take the other piece
P4150258.jpg

wwc sitation chalice growing nice needs to be cut
P4150236.jpg

alian landing this thing is super brite in my tank pic does no justice
P4150233.jpg

another piece in the growout dont know wich one
P4150229.jpg

golden eye growing good
P4150228.jpg

4 color
P4150227.jpg

wwc star dust grows fast bill has the other piece both can be cut and takin off the list
P4150225.jpg

ucc halloween recieded on me i moved it and it loves the new spot growing fast
P4150221.jpg

jf firefox was growing good then stopped hasnt really grown some one in the growout wants to give it a try lmk
P4150220.jpg

OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice growth on those pieces. thanks for the update. Once Bill lets us know how the pieces are doing on his end, I'll know what can be cut and distributed before the MR swap. I'll update the thread in 2-3 weeks when I start cutting up the pieces with photos of all the cuts.

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh yeah loveing this page mostly all pics and why not join in i dont have much from the growout but ill post up pics of what i took today the pieces i have besides the pinstripe and tricolor favia are mostly no namers. ill take some pics of the pinstripe once i get it back from Darren since he nursed it back to health :smile:

Attachments

• IMG_2559.jpg
    IMG_2559.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_2592.jpg
    IMG_2592.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_2586.jpg
    IMG_2586.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 252

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back