The search for rock...

JBKReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning everyone, and happy reefing! I am working towards a nano build and was debating about where and what kind of rock to use. I was hoping to use BRS pukani dry live rock, unfortunately right when I was gearing up to make a purchase the well runnith dry. I had been wanting to purchase their “nano pukani” the hand-picked smaller pieces which I thought would work wonders for my nano (a lagoon 25, build thread to come)

With the live rock export shortage/ban I had to open myself up to other option. Picking up some rock from my LFS and just running with what was available (live or dry), Tampa Bay Saltwater live rock, or a handful of other respectable options. What I ended up going with is Marco Rock.

rock1.jpg

They allow you to add some comments to your order and they will try their best to meet your requests. I asked for first to smaller softball size pieces that would allow me to scape stuff out how I want. And man did they deliver. The box was delivered on Thursday, from being ordered on Saturday and shipped on Monday. This stuff was wrapped up in enough bubble wrap to circle the planet once… maybe twice. Each rock was wrapped individually.

rock2.jpg rock3.jpg

What I ordered was 20 pounds of their prime cuts, flat bottoms. This can be used to build off of and give a rock hard foundation. Puns for days. You can see this laid out here. They were looking great. I would say due to the rough and tumble life in a UPS truck two or three small pieces broke off but nothing substantial or of any materiality. A few of the pieces are bigger than what I asked for but they are beautiful. I described what scape I’m hoping to make in the tank and these will be very useful. ReefRoids for scale.

rock5.jpg

Additionally, I picked up one of their nano/frag boxes as well. I figured I could use these to build up and out if I wanted to get adventurous with the scape. These were so tighly packed I was shocked they leggo’d together so well. This rock is sturdy but feels light and is easy to manage.

rock6.jpg rock7.jpg rock8.jpg

Here is all of my order laid out together. Relatively uniform to the sizes I asked for and great looking stuff.

rock9.jpg rock10.jpg
I’m not any way associated with Marco’s Rock just a very happy customer. As always the dog was way too interested in the goings on. Happy Reefing everyone!

rock11.jpg

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like you had a great experience! :) Thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
JBKReef

JBKReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like you had a great experience! :) Thanks for sharing!

Always happy to throw a review up, anymore I check the forums to see if anyone has posted a review recently for a purchase I’m going to make. Ensure quality is there and not slacker over time or something.

Back