The Show "Tanked", I just cant ....

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree, would love to see how they look
I am guessing they look similar to how they did when the show ended due to the fact that the majority of all of those tanks are maintained by an aquarium service (usually the service that is there helping with the installs).

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's always another side to every story. don't believe the hype (ie- libelous statements).

No comment on the show but see no harm in it at all... Some of the tanks they make are amazing.

There is no other side of that story... The tank blew and that is about it... there were dry joints on that side of the tank from the start....

I know mr.wilson in real life and this tank crash was and is devastating. There was no need for the budget of this build to have any issue in the manufacturing or for this to happen... This was not a $10,000 tank it was 100s of thousands....

I was going to help repair this tank but refused to touch it.. for some reason they used 1" at the 8' ends the only reason i can see why they would do this is to make more money on there end.. This level of disregard from any company is unacceptable. The difference in cost from 1" to 1.25 or 1.5" at the level they buy acrylic is negligible in a build of this scale.. (we are talking a few hundred dollars...)

There fail rates on there tanks are probably lower then 1% in all honesty just wish a stupid shark tank blew and not this reef...

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No comment on the show but see no harm in it at all... Some of the tanks they make are amazing.

There is no other side of that story... The tank blew and that is about it... there were dry joints on that side of the tank from the start....

I know mr.wilson in real life and this tank crash was and is devastating. There was no need for the budget of this build to have any issue in the manufacturing or for this to happen... This was not a $10,000 tank it was 100s of thousands....

I was going to help repair this tank but refused to touch it.. for some reason they used 1" at the 8' ends the only reason i can see why they would do this is to make more money on there end.. This level of disregard from any company is unacceptable. The difference in cost from 1" to 1.25 or 1.5" at the level they buy acrylic is negligible in a build of this scale.. (we are talking a few hundred dollars...)

There fail rates on there tanks are probably lower then 1% in all honesty just wish a stupid shark tank blew and not this reef...

It was very sad to read what happened, when it happened. :(

Peter's work with that tank was legendary and in my eyes he's a master reef keeper with the upmost respect.

What upsets me is the lack of integrity and understanding from some, the indifference when a company does someone clearly wrong, because it didn't happen to them.

If you had spent the money and had these clowns build you that tank and had filled it to the brim with fish and corals. Spent hours, days and months caring for it and spent thousands doing so....... ( not to mention the damage to your home and dealing with that on top of this) You'd be...... no words can describe.

I can put myself in his shoes because I'm a reefer too.

I have no respect for them and ATM.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just had a Tanked tank in my area installed with in a week all the fish in the tank where dead and they are reworking the whole tank now.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it is. An I when you look in to their installations this is a common thing and they should. Removed the air because of it.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 8 12.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 35 53.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 9.1%
Back