The Skimmate Podcast

Thales

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Reefers!

Please check out The Skimmate PodCast with Rich and Terence. It’s a podcast, about reef keeping, by two reef keepers that are polarizing enough to be interesting.

Terence says – Rich and I decided that we mattered – to ourselves! And so we wanted to make a podcast that would share our passion for the marine aquarium and reef keeping hobby, our knowledge about it, and most importantly have some fun doing it. So we created The Skimmate Podcast. We hope you join us for about an hour every couple of weeks as we talk (hopefully) about interesting things while giving you some good insight with topics on new products, industry highlights, husbandry tips, and ethical reefkeeping – but most importantly, engage you and make you think.
Rich says – Terence is so straight laced, while I am a nut, so this podcast should be fun.

We have few episodes available now, check them out at https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podca...hyuKVaL1DxVxjgnfLX3YQBc0RXhsvjDe9wihLvh3MENIQ
If you like it, please give it a review. If you don't like it, plese give it a good review. You can also do the Facebook liking and sharing. https://www.facebook.com/skimmate/ . As it turns out, all that kind of stuff actually makes it easier to keep making content so thanks in advance.

Please let us know if you have any coments, questions, or stuff that you would like to be discussed on the podcast.

Thanks and see you at MACNA!

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Reefers!

Please check out The Skimmate PodCast with Rich and Terence. It’s a podcast, about reef keeping, by two reef keepers that are polarizing enough to be interesting.

Terence says – Rich and I decided that we mattered – to ourselves! And so we wanted to make a podcast that would share our passion for the marine aquarium and reef keeping hobby, our knowledge about it, and most importantly have some fun doing it. So we created The Skimmate Podcast. We hope you join us for about an hour every couple of weeks as we talk (hopefully) about interesting things while giving you some good insight with topics on new products, industry highlights, husbandry tips, and ethical reefkeeping – but most importantly, engage you and make you think.
Rich says – Terence is so straight laced, while I am a nut, so this podcast should be fun.

We have few episodes available now, check them out at https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podca...hyuKVaL1DxVxjgnfLX3YQBc0RXhsvjDe9wihLvh3MENIQ
If you like it, please give it a review. If you don't like it, plese give it a good review. You can also do the Facebook liking and sharing. https://www.facebook.com/skimmate/ . As it turns out, all that kind of stuff actually makes it easier to keep making content so thanks in advance.

Please let us know if you have any coments, questions, or stuff that you would like to be discussed on the podcast.

Thanks and see you at MACNA!

I didn't know Ray Liotta host with you Richard. Man, Ray hasn't aged. Must be the genes. We did like button on FB for your guys podcast. I'm gonna have to buy an Apple phone.
And remember, "I'm a doctor, so take it from me." Heeeee

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't know Ray Liotta host with you Richard. Man, Ray hasn't aged. Must be the genes. We did like button on FB for your guys podcast. I'm gonna have to buy an Apple phone.
And remember, "I'm a doctor, so take it from me." Heeeee
Ray Liotta... I am going to take that to mean Ray Liotta c.1990 and call it a compliment.

And you can listen to the podcast on just about any podcast platform or even right from skimmate.com itself.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thanks for contributing to " US REEFERS ". knowledge is power and we are like sponges soaking up all the tidbits to keep us successful !!

Bayareareefer18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I am loving it! Not just a homer since I'm local lol. I know some things Rich has said has rubbed some people the wrong way. The more I listen to him he is witty and hilarious. I totally can see the fact that he is a scientist and it's his job to be skeptical about things until he sees concrete proof.

Big thumbs up for the podcast. Great info while being completely entertaining.

Nice job Rich and Terence.

OP
OP
Thales

Thales

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Bayareareefer18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
U

User1

View Badges
I'll give it a listen. Thanks for alerting with the new addition. Interesting enough I have aiptasia in my tank now that I didn't have in my 40 breeder. The 210 upgrade used 150 lbs of dry rock so something was either dormant or came in on a frag that I didn't see.

Not overly worried because usually my peppermint shrimp take care of it but this time no so much. I do have a ORA captive bred/raised matted filefish in a 5 gallon desktop tank that eats it. I've moved a small rock or two into his tank with the pest and it cleared it in a day. Ora's matted filefish I received was the size of a dime and my tanks flow was too much - it kept going into the overflow to the sump. i didn't want my pumps getting it so set this up as an emergency.

Will be interesting to hear what you all say besides the friendly banter.

Bayareareefer18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll give it a listen. Thanks for alerting with the new addition. Interesting enough I have aiptasia in my tank now that I didn't have in my 40 breeder. The 210 upgrade used 150 lbs of dry rock so something was either dormant or came in on a frag that I didn't see.

Not overly worried because usually my peppermint shrimp take care of it but this time no so much. I do have a ORA captive bred/raised matted filefish in a 5 gallon desktop tank that eats it. I've moved a small rock or two into his tank with the pest and it cleared it in a day. Ora's matted filefish I received was the size of a dime and my tanks flow was too much - it kept going into the overflow to the sump. i didn't want my pumps getting it so set this up as an emergency.

Will be interesting to hear what you all say besides the friendly banter.
Aiptasia issue here too. Picked up a new CBB a couple weeks ago. Can already see a big reduction in the amount of small ones. Need to get in there and get rid of the big ones and then let the CBB eliminate what pops up after that

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back