The twelve shrimps of Christmas: How many shrimp do you keep in your tank?

How many shrimp do you keep in your tank?

• There are no shrimp in my tank.

Votes: 184 27.6%
  • There are 1-2 shrimp in my tank.

Votes: 289 43.3%
  • There are 3-5 shrimp in my tank.

Votes: 139 20.8%
  • There are 6-9 shrimp in my tank.

Votes: 30 4.5%
  • There are 10 or more shrimp in my tank.

Votes: 25 3.7%

• Total voters

snorklr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
had a blood red for like 2 yrs...a bit reclusive but came out when I fed...when it died the 2 subsequent ones never came out at all to the point that i wound up target feeding them for fear they would starve...and they only lasted a few months...so not knowing if the problem was the shrimp or the tank (even got an iodine test kit) I decided that spending $75 for a critter i never saw wasn't worth another experiment

kmullen1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

On the first day of Christmas,
my true love gave to me,
A peppermint shrimp
in a sea anemone.

It can be a good idea to add shrimp to your reef tank. They can be useful, entertaining, and provide something a little different to the aquarium. Depending on the purpose and who you ask there are a range of suggestions for the best number and mix of shrimp species and comparable creatures to keep in the tank. How many shrimp do you keep in your tank? Please share your experiences and any tips on the different types of shrimp that have (or have not) worked for you. Is twelve too many?!?!

Sythero_Shrimp.png

Photo by @Sythero

This QOTD is sponsored by: www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

DinkinsLogo.png

“Dinkins Aquatic Gardens specializes in producing top-quality copepods, phytoplankton, amphipods, and berghia nudibranchs. We are a small husband-and-wife company that intensely focuses on customer service. We'd love to have you experience the Dinkins Difference!"

*The poem was developed in conjunction with generative AI.

On the first day of Christmas,
my true love gave to me,
A peppermint shrimp
in a sea anemone.

It can be a good idea to add shrimp to your reef tank. They can be useful, entertaining, and provide something a little different to the aquarium. Depending on the purpose and who you ask there are a range of suggestions for the best number and mix of shrimp species and comparable creatures to keep in the tank. How many shrimp do you keep in your tank? Please share your experiences and any tips on the different types of shrimp that have (or have not) worked for you. Is twelve too many?!?!

Sythero_Shrimp.png

Photo by @Sythero

This QOTD is sponsored by: www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

DinkinsLogo.png

“Dinkins Aquatic Gardens specializes in producing top-quality copepods, phytoplankton, amphipods, and berghia nudibranchs. We are a small husband-and-wife company that intensely focuses on customer service. We'd love to have you experience the Dinkins Difference!"

*The poem was developed in conjunction with generative AI.
1 fire shrimp… in a 55g… I’d love to have more but I’m not sure if he’ll allow it. ‍♀️

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 20

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back