The Uglies? Is this Diatoms?

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to grab it safely and it’s in the basket now. It’s still moving and the foot is still trying to attach, so fingers crossed but I’m not holding my breath. I have never seen an anemone look so awful. I feel really bad for it & awful that it’s likely my fault. Was looking great a week ago. :(
now it’s on to the WC and allllll the scrubbing. Ugh. Good thing it’s a Sunday at least.

FFE403F2-41D7-4BD3-B65B-57067CD0694D.jpeg F62203B7-3489-42F5-9B40-1E63152AD810.jpeg
For what it’s worth I’ve personally had worse that made it thru and still have in my tank today. Rbta got sucked into mp40 for 6-8 hours while at work. Came home found it As carefully as I could removed it from the cage but the body was mangled to hell parts of it missing its foot was even damaged looks like a blob of nothing way worse than yours and over a few weeks healed it self and got better.

OP
OP
Brit’s Fish

Brit’s Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
For what it’s worth I’ve personally had worse that made it thru and still have in my tank today. Rbta got sucked into mp40 for 6-8 hours while at work. Came home found it As carefully as I could removed it from the cage but the body was mangled to hell parts of it missing its foot was even damaged looks like a blob of nothing way worse than yours and over a few weeks healed it self and got better.
That makes me feel better! I’m glad yours recovered. My clowns that it was hosting are just lost without it right now. They are pretty rough too though, so it could have even been them causing extra stress. This one was like 9-10” across but they managed to kill smaller ones before by just beating the crap out of them.

OP
OP
Brit’s Fish

Brit’s Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m hoping for good news :) what’s the update ?
Hi! The anemone is still looking pretty rough… maybe a little better but not much. still floating in its basket and the foot is attached, so I’m considering that still a good sign.
I did end up doing about a 15% WC yesterday, dosed 25ml of MicroBacter 7 and manually removed some of the hair algae. I also turkey basted the rocks before the WC and sucked out what I could. My water is cloudy today but I’m guessing it’s a small bacteria bloom of some sort?

Attachments

• 67143705-EF1C-44C2-B296-AE801A8B632C.jpeg
    67143705-EF1C-44C2-B296-AE801A8B632C.jpeg
    125.6 KB · Views: 22
OP
OP
Brit’s Fish

Brit’s Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi! The anemone is still looking pretty rough… maybe a little better but not much. still floating in its basket and the foot is attached, so I’m considering that still a good sign.
I did end up doing about a 15% WC yesterday, dosed 25ml of MicroBacter 7 and manually removed some of the hair algae. I also turkey basted the rocks before the WC and sucked out what I could. My water is cloudy today but I’m guessing it’s a small bacteria bloom of some sort?
Wait, the cloudy water is not from bacteria… it seems that ALL of my Red Banded Trochus snails are having a bit of fun today. Yuck… but as long as they make some babies!!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 27.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 33.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 31.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back