The Uglies - Reccomendation needed

kgalarr0

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 12, 2023
Messages
38
Reaction score
12
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello to all!

I am going through the new tank uglies and I need help knowing if I should let the uglies take its course or if I should intervene by manually cleaning the tank as many times as possible.

I have attached a picture in white light. I have noticed that the nuissance stays very short and in clusters. Diatoms lasted like 3 days before this took over.

Salinity 1.025
Temp 77 F
Amm 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate about 5 (Doing water changes 1x week 20%)
Phos (Currently no test kit in hand)
Lights running 6hrs
Age 2mos aprox

Tank inhabitants
Small clown fish
Xenia frag
GSP frag

Tank
Nuvo 10 (about 7gals of water volume)

Equipment
Reef Glass Protein Skimmer

Thank you!

Kevin

20230319_123937.jpg
20230319_123948.jpg
 
You will experience various ugly stages over the course of the first year. Focus on maintaining proper parameters including lighting and flow. Manually remove what you can with weekly water changes. Get a diver cleaner crew.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 48 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new